Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tesco Value is dead...

Fixes: 124

Tesco Value is dead...

R.I.P. Tesco Value
Long live Everyday Value!
Tesco Value has been shelved. Its blue and white stripes have passed their sell-by date. The bargain brand has checked out.
Instead the 20-year-old range is being replaced by a younger, brighter model with only a slightly different name, Everyday Value.

Bosses say the "no frills" facelift is a step up in quality - none of the products will contain MSG, hydrogenated fats, artificial flavours or colours, or genetically modified ingredients - at no extra cost.

I have found many of these 'value' items to be quite excellent in look and taste and have saved a fait bit by buying them.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

10 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: Tesco Value is dead...

That will annoy a lot of older people with reduced colour perception...... they will be looking for the familiar blue and white stripe, but can`t find it anymore....
In some respects, I can understand the "marketing guru" at Tesco, wanting to update the image....however, think of any major branded item, and the colour scheme remains the same... e.g. Colmans Mustard.... Bright Yellow background with bright red lettering....
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Tesco's profits/expansion have been a bit weak recently, this sounds like a a management knee jerk reaction.  "Change the packaging to solve our problems."
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Looking back on it, did Tesco begin to ‘loose it way’ when Terry Leahy stepped down?.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

Changing the packaging is an expensive exercise and not normally done  on "a knee jerk".
First they will sell off all the old packaged stuff at a LOWER price then introduce the new packaging - causing lower sales due to people not recognising it - or having stocked up on the cheaper stuff - like I will  Wink
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Even lower value for me ASDA just started home delivery's in my area so this rat jumped ship, saving so far per shop £8.  They are due to open a store in Inverness in July /August, so the Tesco strangle hold is no more for Inverness at least.
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Seems to me that they're playing another scam on the customer. Tesco have become increasingly good at this over the last few years.
Incidentally we were in Sainsburys today - 2 cadbury easter eggs for £3 as a bogof offer. The other day it was buy one get TWO free for £3 and the week before that they were just £1 each so they've gone up 50p while still trying to convince the gullable customer that its a bargain.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran

Tesco has lost its way.  I think journeys is right it can be traced back to Terry Leahy's departure.  They have also recently got rid of a number of board members.
Infinity
Pro
Fixes: 2

Example ... Vinegar, 13p or 98p, your choice.

Community Veteran

One product I think Tesco take their customers for a ride (sorry) with is petrol.
In Essex all their stores will generally be supplied from one refinery.  Prices can vary, however, by up to 4p a litre from one town to another.  Why?? The Answer is ASDA.  If Tesco trade near an ASDA they reduce their price to match.  If they are not in competition they charge a higher price.  I assume they make a profit at the lower price so why rip their customers off?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Quote from: artmo
I assume they make a profit at the lower price so why rip their customers off?

Now, now artmo, no need for negativity Wink
Seriously though, it's because they CAN. It's called profiteering. We have no ASDA fuel station here so imagine our fuel prices  Angry
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!