cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tesco? (They Couldnt Organize A P**s Up In A Brewery)

Steve
Pro

Tesco? (They Couldnt Organize A P**s Up In A Brewery)

Im really geting hacked of with supermarket giant tesco,Few months ago they charged my bank card twice for my shopping and then made me wait half an hour only to be told id have to pay again!!
A ghost payment seemingly and it would be back in my bank account in a weeks time,Fair enough i thought mistakes happen so i let this go but i was not impressed.
Few weeks later it happened again and i was not going to let it go this time!!But i was told i would have to pay again,same scenario as before and if i never got my ghost payment back to go back in store and they would have to call INDIA?!Further more that was another half hour gone with miserable (i cant smile people).NOT IMPRESSED
All this was using their self service machines so i thought enoughs enough i will just start paying by cash no matter how inconvienient it is for me.
Today i pay by cash at there self service and it wouldnt spit out my fiver change,assistance came and two tesco staff running around scratching there heads and asked me how much change you require?i said five quid..Oh yeah she says its on screen then out of no where my fiver got spat out,i walked away in disbelief of how poor service is becoming in my local tescos..
ITS LIKE THEY WANT TO KEEP MY MONEY FOR FREE!! Angry
95 REPLIES
Fixes: 47

Re: Tesco? (They Couldnt Organize A P**s Up In A Brewery)

The only 'self service' facility I've used so far is in Argos. The ones in Tesco and B&Q seem slower than a 'manual' checkout.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
sweet00
Dabbler

tesco are [Censored] espeacally the forign call centers which is a big problem with a lot of companies its hard enough to understand some UK acsents its so anoying when you have to spell out yor problem 6 times only to be passed on to another dept.. i had the trying to get money back problem with asda too they are quick taking money off you but incompetant at giving it back.
[Moderator's note by Thomas (Be3G): censored deliberate avoidance of swear-word filter. Using inappropriate language is against the Forum Rules.]
Steve
Pro

This is just scratching the surface with them,i buy xbox 360 games there and they are meant to be NEW thats what im paying for and the last three i have bought there the discs have ALL been scratched,ive told them im not happy with this and they say if they dont work bring them back for a refund,its the way they store them they say,i told them well its not good enough and anyway there seals should be intact when i buy them,the lady says we have to do this cos of thieves!!
Now i dont think so,they could find a better system im sure,anyways the lady said "you dont have to buy it would you like your money back?"No i said knowing that now i can record them to my harddrive it should run ok,plus i live in a small town and no where else has this game that i really want,i was not even offered a lower price.
I take very good care of all of my possesions and now if i wanted to sell the game second hand so someone can get a bargain after ive completed it i cant as the disks are scratched!! So now i shop else where for them and if its something i really like and want,well i will just have to wait for the old posty to bring it to me.  Sad
nadger
Rising Star

For years I've thought that Tesco was run purely for the benefit of the staff and that we customers just got in the way.
As our nearest supermarket is Tesco we use it but have switched to using a pharmacy in town centre to collect our prescriptions after being badly let down by in store pharmacy. They couldn't get an item, didn't bother telling me, and claimed that their wholesaler was closed for a week.
At least Tesco are subsidising our shopping trip to France/Belgium  next  Wednesday with their Eurotunnel offer  Wink
Community Veteran

I use the self service checkouts in Tesco and have no problem with them except when a number of them are out of use.  A lot of people don't like using them so generally they can be used without having to wait.
Community Veteran

/rant on
I tell what is crap with Tesco. Namely the stores at Chorley and Leyland.
The fuel pumps that are "Pay at the Pump" often fail to print a receipt despite asking me if I would like one and me confirming this. Then I have to go inside and and queue up just for a receipt!
I have lost my rag with the staff a few times with the excuses they give.
"Well there was paper in there this morning"
"Not many people use pay at the pump"
"We've been busy this morning"
"No one else has complained" (I am certain this lady added "Mr Meldrew" under her breath)
Then they got all new pumps with a fancy payment interface, so I thought problem solved. Filled up, guess what, no receipt. I went into the shop and told the lady, who came to the pump to prove to me I was an idiot. She attempted to print a receipt without success. She opened the machine to manually extract the receipt but there was only blank paper inside and no receipt had even been printed. Then she said Pay at the Pump is a waste of time in this country as the climate is unsuitable for having paper rolls outside in the damp weather.
She wrote me a receipt on her note pad.
/rant off

scootie
Grafter

had a tefal quick cup kettle from tesco direct and wasnt in when it got delevered my nxt door neighbour told me he saw the bloke chuck the parcel over the side gate without a care in the world. no note was left and if i didnt happen to chat to my neighbour it would of stayed there overnight.
i did manage to get them to send a replacment because i told them i wasnt even going to open it to find out if it was damaged. they did also credit me with £10 after i said i wouldnt be shoping with there company again
Lurker
Grafter

Quote from: Santiago
Then she said Pay at the Pump is a waste of time in this country as the climate is unsuitable for having paper rolls outside in the damp weather.

Damp weather shouldn't have any effect if the machine is designed correctly.
I have had the irritation of not getting a receipt when I wanted one though - it would at least be helpful if one was pre-warned as in the case of ATMs etc.
I still prefer pay-at-pump though, since most of the time I don't need a receipt, and many folk don't seem to like them, so there is often less (or no) queue for these pumps.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

I have always got a receipt from pay-at-the-pump in my local Tesco without problems - perhaps I have been lucky.
Talking about self service checkout - try doing that for digital set top box
Community Veteran

Quote from: Oldjim
perhaps I have been lucky.

I just checked with my lady at  Tesco's petrol station
She said your receipts work better down there as you are nearer to the equator  Crazy
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

I assumed it was just because it was warmer down here - same thing I suppose
Community Veteran

Jim, I was just kidding about the Equator! But it is warmer down your end.
and the other thing about Tesco is, never buy their own brand printer cartridges because they are carp and they know they are carp too.
I bought one, didn't work, took it back. "We will have to send it back to the manufacturer for evaluation before we can refund or replace them"
No amount of consumer rights dialogue made any difference.
So I left the cartridge there for them to send back.
Several weeks later I received a replacement cartridge in the post, didn't work.
Took it back to Tesco and they said they would have to send it back to the manufacturer etc etc.
Long story short, after short chat with the manager I was given a refund.
Steve
Pro

Quote from: Santiago
Quote from: Oldjim
perhaps I have been lucky.

I just checked with my lady at  Tesco's petrol station
She said your receipts work better down there as you are nearer to the equator  Crazy
Thats why they dont have a petrol pump at my local store,really cold away up here in scotland Grin,in all honesty am glad they dont cos if they cant manage their store proprerly and efficiently theres no hope in hell they could run an add-on  Cheesy
Community Veteran

Quote from: nadger
For years I've thought that Tesco was run purely for the benefit of the staff and that we customers just got in the way.

If you speak to the staff thats not the case, its run purely for the bottom line.