Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tesco Home Delivery

Highlighted
Rising Star

Re: Tesco Home Delivery

@twocvbloke wrote:

@Minivanman wrote:

And what happened those wet wipes... after use of course.

Well, Northumbrian Water insist that you "Bin the Wipe!", so, I'd assume that...... 💩

You assume correctly.

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

Can we also assume you sang "Happy Birthday" afterwards. 😃

Highlighted
Rising Star

Should online home deliveries be free for over 60's ?

Or with a lower limit of say £20 cf £40

Tesco charge just £1 on Wednesdays, unspecified time, but the £40 minimum is probably a deterrent for over 60's, especially if they live on their own

Over 60's are advised not to visit supermarkets, or other crowded locations.

People aged over 60 or with long-term illnesses should try to avoid crowded places to cut the risk of catching coronavirus, the head of the World Health Organisation has said.

The latest advice by director general Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus came as countries around the globe ramped up restrictions in the face of the escalating crisis.

The world famous Louvre art gallery in Paris has shut its doors after staff raised health concerns, leaving queues of visitors outside in the rain, while crisis meetings were held.

Highlighted
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 9

The number of confirmed cases in the UK has almost doubled in the last 24 hours which is worrying.

The good news is that the branch of Tesco I usually go to had plenty of Hovis Granary (thick sliced) bread on Friday.  However, there was a yellow plastic barrier in front of the lower shelves for about ten feet from said product on one side.  I don't think it would stop the virus though. 😀

My nearest neighbours, who are both younger than me, have all their shopping delivered, but I like to visit the shops myself and I'm sure the exercise doesn't do me any harm.

Highlighted
Seasoned Champion

@Minivanman wrote:

@Lægen 

Well well, saw the doc this more guess what, persistent rhinitis which she thinks I am suffering from and which is caused in the main by.... dust mites.

To address the cause not the symptom, but I was prescribed something to squirt up my nose anyway!

One of the main weapons to fight dust mites is one of these https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B084655N9V/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Dust mites cannot breed when humidity less then 50%they eat skin flakes and it is their poo that is allergenic.,  and all your towels dry quickly and bedcothes feel crisp instead of soggy, also gets rid of mould in the house,  which is another source of nasal problems.  Also an energy efficient way of drying washing, put washing in a room with dehumidifier and close the door for a few hours - job done.

NeilMed powder is a mixture of salt and bicarb of soda,  but I add a few drops of 6% hydrogen peroxide to my neilmed bottle as well as the powder when sinusitus gets a grip ( very occasionally these days,  but pretty nasty when it happens ).  Drinking plenty of water also helps keep sinus lining moist and fighting fit ( fighting germs that is ).

Highlighted
Rising Star

Experts have warned that a serious outbreak could result in "panic buying and empty shelves", leaving many supermarkets unable to cope with demand due to the fast-spreading illness

Efrim Nicholas, who lives in Salisbury, has done her first online shop for more than a decade as her family do not have a car and are preparing for a worst-case scenario. Like many others, she has stocked up on pasta, dried fruit, UHT milk, and other long life items.

Ocado the online supermarket emailed their customers saying, “We want to let you know that we’re experiencing exceptionally high demand at the moment.

“More people than usual seem to be placing particularly large orders.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/money/supermarkets-brace-wave-stockpilers-coronavirus-21616822

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8065099/British-online-supermarket-Ocado-sees-orders-leap-c...

One month ago...

@Lægen wrote:

We decided to try Tesco Home Delivery in light of the General Winter bugs, and the new Chinese CoronaVirus, to limit our contact and exposure with other members of the Public.

Very satisfied.

“More people than usual seem to be placing particularly large orders."

No need, just our regular weekly shop, plus a bit extra.

Our bread of choice is Granary,  but it  does have a limited shelf life, though it is generally still soft days later.

We have discovered 50/50 Bread which has double the quoted shelf life (8 days), is quite tasty, so is a backup purchase for us.

Highlighted
Rising Star

Still plenty of delivery slots available near us.

Weekends more expensive.

Booked time slots

THD.jpg

Flexi saver cheaper, from £1 per delivery

Highlighted
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 9

@Lægen wrote:

Our bread of choice is Granary,  but it  does have a limited shelf life, though it is generally still soft days later.

We have discovered 50/50 Bread which has double the quoted shelf life (8 days), is quite tasty, so is a backup purchase for us.

I've found that if I freeze Hovis granary bread as soon as I get it home, it tastes absolutely fresh when I thaw it out (in the fridge overnight).

Highlighted
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 11

@Lægen wrote:

Still plenty of delivery slots available near us.

Weekends more expensive.

Booked time slots

If you're getting regular deliveries it's worth looking at the delivery saver plans

https://www.tesco.com/deliverysaver/

They offer a 1month free trial and you can use Clubcard vouchers (which the give you 3x their value on ) to pay for it, essentially making it free. It's what we do.

You also get early access to prime delivery slots on Christmas and easter deliveries...

Highlighted
Rising Star

@Jonpe wrote:

I've found that if I freeze Hovis granary bread as soon as I get it home, it tastes absolutely fresh when I thaw it out (in the fridge overnight).

We thaw out Granary in  a plastic container, 4 slices at a time, keeps the moisture in, takes a couple of hours.

And as you say, is nice & soft for sandwiches.

Of course, frozen bread into Toaster also works well.... for toast.

Regarding delivery saver, we did have that for a couple of years, but now, as we don't do online all year round, we find the £1 per delivery suits us better (unspecified time, but always within the time slot, usually near the beginning)

The Christmas early booking is of course useful, especially when stocking up for family visits over the period.

Highlighted
Rising Star

What we really like about Tesco Home Delivery is its flexibility.

Once you have made your order in excess of £40, and chosen a £1 delivery slot,  you can keep amending the order, adding and removing items, up until midnight the night before delivery, payment is automatically updated, without having to go through the whole verification process again.

This include changing delivery slot, & day if needs be.

Or even cancelling order the night before.

Our current order started out at £41, went up to £57, back down to £42, then finally up to £75, as upon reflection we changed our minds, and did a more thorough search of items available.

And added a few treats we wouldn't normally spend time wandering around the store to discover.

We rarely have substitutions, when allowed on a few items, invariably upgraded to a more expensive item.

Last delivery there was a note that Granary was a bit short dated, 3 days, and gave us the option to reject.

We didn't, as it is normally still fresh for a couple more days.

The delivery driver said the pickers will always go for the freshest items to pack.

Highlighted
Rising Star

Today delivered within the time slot.

67 out of 68 items ordered, just one cup-a-soup OOS

Driver said if buyer states quarantined, they deliver in plastic bags, and leave on door step, having informed customer face to distant face..

Highlighted
Rising Star

Retailers in the UK have now started to 'disinfect' customers entering their stores as fears around the coronavirus continue to escalate.

Customers are sprayed with 'DISINFECTANT' amid coronavirus panic

It's going to come, possibly to a Tesco near you !

I wonder if my Home Delivery Driver, due today, has been sprayed ?

I do AB wipe down the items once delivered, who knows what the in store staff get up to, with their personal habits !!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8082021/Customers-sprayed-DISINFECTANT-amid-coronavirus-pan...

Highlighted
Rising Star

Coronavirus fears prompt outrage among Tesco delivery drivers if they have to deliver to patients in isolation at home

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8083451/Coronavirus-fears-prompt-Tesco-delivery-drivers-adv...

Two deliveries this week.

Both drivers offered to bring goods into home.

We transferred from delivery  crates into large plastic boxes & bags on doorstep into hall.

By we, I mean we, and driver together.

Finally, the driver signed off on the delivery for us, so we wouldn't have to touch the PDA.

He knew we were self isolating, though not diagnosed with any symptoms, it was purely a precautionary measure on our part.

Phone call from Tesco CS, just as delivery was complete, saying they had made a note on our account to deliver goods  in Tesco carrier bags, as we had requested

Another excellent experience. No hesitation by either driver.

Highlighted
Rising Star

Did a quick catchup shop 9pm Saturday night at our local Tesco. (open 'til midnight)

No obvious signs of panic buying, all shelves fully stocked.

Only thing missing...... customers !