Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tesco Home Delivery

Jonpe
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 9

Re: Tesco Home Delivery

@Lægen wrote:

Second Delivery OK, but minus Granary Bread.

So, we did a flying visit to Tesco, 7am, picked up two loaves. 

What is it with Tesco and Granary bread at the moment?  I visited my usual Tesco today and they only had about 3-4 loaves left.

@Minivanman, I have in the past bought cheap potpourri and let the vacuum cleaner suck some into its bag before vacuuming the floor; it freshens the air as you go along.  Or you could just shake and vac and put the freshness back. 

Lægen
Grafter

@Jonpe wrote:

What is it with Tesco and Granary bread at the moment?  I visited my usual Tesco today and they only had about 3-4 loaves left.

The instore Tesco Bread Lady told me a while back they deliver around 6:30am, we go at 6:45-7am, always plenty of fresh.

This morning, two baskets full waiting to be sold, not all recent though.

Some a day older...

Our local Tesco seems to have the quantity ordered just about right.

I find they are still Sandwich soft up to 3 days after use by date.

We store carefully.

Bag clipped, squeezed in together in a dry washing up bowl !

Longer for Toast.

Asda always have a few in too.

We have been ordering a Tesco White Toastie as delivery backup..... lovely treat !

Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

@Jonpe wrote:

Or you could just shake and vac and put the freshness back. 

Ironically, that stuff made it impossible to clean a carpet properly as once you've sucked that up into the vac, it plugs up bags & filters, so while things may smell like manufactured chemical scents, your carpets are still left filthy!!! 🤣

Personally I just use stuff I can place outside of the main bag in a vac, in the Kirby I used a tissue with a few drops of Kirby Odorific (a very strong scent made up of a secret blend of 11 herbs & spices, or something, smells nice though), in my Tristar CXL I have a Yankee Candle wax tart in the bottom of the cloth bag, and in the plastic miele toy in the kitchen I have a generic dryer sheet, all serving their purpose to smell good when cleaning... 😁

Lægen
Grafter

We just wash our carpets every 3 months or so...   Grin

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

Now that I can believe. 

Sheesh.

Jonpe
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 9

I'm surprised that Shake n' Vac is still being made, I haven't seen it advertised anywhere since those 80s ads.  Fabreze, much favoured by mums of teenage boys it would appear, seems to have taken over.

Community Veteran

Apparently, a really good room deodoriser is something called "Ozium Air Sanitiser" (or Sanitizer as it's a merkin product), not used it myself, but it comes BigCliveDotCom approved... 😁

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

None of which you would need if there were no animals in the house.... and don't get me started on scented candles or those vapour plugs things both of which makes the house smell like a tarts bedroom... apparently. 😊

When the kids were little one of them had a pet mouse. How something so small can stink so much was totally beyond me.

How does a mouse smell after a bath?

Squeeky clean.

..... I'll get my coat. 

Community Veteran

Well, most rodents are constantly urinating, so that's why they make such a stink, and of course they go wherever they are, even if it's on your shoulder... 🤣

As for other animals, depends on your level of household cleanliness, but that said even people without animals can have a smell to their home from their own detritus, after all, we all sweat, and some of us really smell awful with such sweat, but never notice it due to being nose-blinded to it... 😂

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

Nose blind is right.

As a non smoking pet owner I can immediately smell both when going into a smoker or pet owners home.

"My dog don't smell"

Oh yes it bloody does. 😉 

PS. Not only urinating. Rats, mice (or both) poop constantly. 

Community Veteran

Well, all I can say is, does your nose run & do your feet smell? If so, you were built upside down... 😂

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

Smelly cat, smelly cat!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92vTUFqy3gU

RobPN
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 5

@Minivanman wrote:

How does a mouse smell after a bath?

Squeeky clean.

..... I'll get my coat. 

Blimey, I thought you were going to say "I'll get my cat"!

Community Veteran

We had a Guinea Pig once and I was impressed how clever and clean it seemed. Compared to mice and rats anyway.

Occasionally it got brought from outdoors and put on the floor. It used to walk / waddle around like they do but after a while, perhaps when it had scoped out the lay of the land / carpet, it would rise up on its legs and gallop around like a mini horse. It never wee'd or messed anywhere. You had to get a cardboard box and cut out one side. Then no matter where you put it it would find it and wee in there.

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

Hamsters do the same. The one we had has not been seen since it went down the back of sofa some thirty years ago so we can only assume dead ones don't smell either.