Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

Re: Tesco Home Delivery

A medic?

Oh I doubt it, I doubt it very much. 

Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Well in terms of alcohol the only place I would consider putting on my body, is down my throat.

Although I do have 99% cleaning alcohol. I assume that would get you drunk very quickly and I don't think you'd have to worry about a hangover or even waking up.
Lægen
Grafter

@Lægen wrote:

We decided to try Tesco Home Delivery in light of the General Winter bugs ...

Definitely an experience to be repeated.....

Second Delivery OK, but minus Granary Bread.

So, we did a flying visit to Tesco, 7am, picked up two loaves. 

Self service, paid £3 cash, just left the 10p change,(10p coin may have been used by previous customer), quick in & out, no contact with anyone in a very quiet store. Gloves on. No face mask......

Recent Chinese death figures are worryingly accelerating very quickly.

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

Weird, that's just plain weird.

It takes all sorts to make a world, but some things really are not that necessary.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

I survived Tesco too, but I didn't do anything special, just went in, got what I needed, paid & left, then went for a walk and watched a military AWACS plane spiralling about being nosey in the skies...

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

@twocvbloke 

You sound like the only sane one around here.😃

Community Veteran

Which is worrying to say the least!!! 😲

Also finished rebuilding the Kirby vac I salvaged the other day too, friend across the pond thinks I'm nuts for doing so, but he did send the parts I used in it over a few years back... 🤣

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

Always found with those types of vacuum cleaners that if you had a dog (like wot we did) you could never get rid of the smell of having sucked up all those dog hairs....even after you'd got rid of the dog.

The bag just seemed to get impreganated with the stink of 'em and that was it for life. 

Community Veteran

That's where another miracle of ingenuity comes into play, the washing machine, take the bag off the dust pipework, take the hanger off, throw it in the washer with some towels, soap & a bit of Vanish (or equivalent) and it comes out fresh as a daisy... 😋

This particular Kirby had the outer bag filled with some very smelly dust & dirt that had packed around the bottom surrounding the filltube, after clearing that out & then washing it, the bag smells nice, rest of the vac still has an old shed smell, but overall it's a lot cleaner now than it was before... 😁

RobPN
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 5

@Lægen wrote:

Self service, paid £3 cash, just left the 10p change,(10p coin may have been used by previous customer), quick in & out, no contact with anyone in a very quiet store. Gloves on. No face mask......

@Lægen 

Presumably your £3 cash would have been previously sterilised in your autoclave at home before risking transporting it to Tesco.

Lægen
Grafter

@RobPN wrote:

@Lægen 

Presumably your £3 cash would have been previously sterilised in your autoclave at home before risking transporting it to Tesco.

Don't be daft.

I keep a load of £1 coins for parking etc......

Lots of stock !

(The virus is only active for 72 hours on a surface btw)

and.... the autoclave is in the Surgery !

RobPN
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 5

@Lægen wrote:

and.... the autoclave is in the Surgery !

Community Veteran
Fixes: 30

Just come back from ASDA.. ( it`s only a couple of miles,.... literally... down the road! ) ... and it was extremely quiet there... no queue at the checkouts.... wonder if everyone who usually racks up there on our shop day ( Thursday) has gone for the ASDA home delivery.. 

Will let you know if we get the virus..

( did not take or make , any precautions.... )

. some time next week...

(depending on if we are still alive to report it ! ! ! ) ..Cheesy

Community Veteran
Fixes: 11

@twocvbloke wrote:

Which is worrying to say the least!!! 😲

Also finished rebuilding the Kirby vac I salvaged the other day too, friend across the pond thinks I'm nuts for doing so, but he did send the parts I used in it over a few years back... 🤣

Not sure if it was illegal but years ago a friend of mine often visited the local council dump, rare you saw any council workers there apart from lorries tipping stuff out, amazing the things people threw out and he often collected stuff, repaired it or just cleaned it up and went on to sell it in the local paper.....never got to be a millionaire but certainly made a few bob.

These days there must be at least 6 or more staff at our local council dump with notices informing you not to remove stuff..... in one corner is a small cabin where the council are selling stuff that has been recycled.

Your rebuilding of the vac reminded me about that.

😀

Community Veteran

@gleneagles wrote:

Not sure if it was illegal but years ago a friend of mine often visited the local council dump, rare you saw any council workers there apart from lorries tipping stuff out, amazing the things people threw out and he often collected stuff, repaired it or just cleaned it up and went on to sell it in the local paper.....never got to be a millionaire but certainly made a few bob.

My dad used to do that too, even finding Kirbys people had thrown out, but he'd picked up 70s computers, Hifi systems, electrical goods like washers & dryers, televisions & VHS recorders, all for free and fixed up easily for the most part, I tried doing that a number of times in later years, but by that point the council tips were contractor-run operations of "No, you can't take that!!", because they were taking it for themselves, rahter annoyed me to be honest, and for a few years I was a bit of a skip-diver, which was fun, but then had to actually get a job to work for money rather than, y'know, work for myself for money... 😂