Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tesco Home Delivery

Highlighted
Hero
Fixes: 9

Re: Tesco Home Delivery

Walked straight into my nearest large Sainsbury's at about 10 am. today.  Not as many customers as at that time before the virus.  One thing I found puzzling was that despite notices reminding customers to keep two metres apart, the few self-service check-outs that were open were all next to each other dictating that in order to observe the recommended distance only every third one should be used.  Of course they were all being used!

Highlighted
Rising Star

Tesco now have plexi-glass screens at checkouts....

Problem is, you are not allowed to stand in front of them

You have to stand at end of checkout, in direct line with till op, who then leans forwards to push items towards you for packing !!!!!

Highlighted
Hero

@Lægen wrote:

You have to stand at end of checkout, in direct line with till op, who then leans forwards to push items towards you for packing !!!!!

Yes, that puzzled me somewhat today when I bought my lottery ticket at the Tesco 'tobacco counter'.  There was a plastic screen between me and the till but, as you say, not between me and the cashier.  Would it not be better with a screen that started about six inches from the top of the counter so that money and small items like cigarette packets could be passed across the counter whilst providing a barrier between the staff member and customers since they are not able to stay two metres apart?

Btw, there was no queue today at about 11 am. and the staff said it had been like that all morning.  M&S likewise, queued for about a minute.

Highlighted
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 1

Things have even got better....e-mail from Sainsburys to say I have now got priority for home delivery with them now!Thumbs_Up

Highlighted
Hero

Yes, things seem to be normalising slowly; only a nine-minute wait on the Morrisons website, and no error occuring when it was my turn.  I don't know why I have to queue to check prices, I don't have to on the other supermarkets' sites.

Forgot to mention in my previous post that my usual Tesco now has screens between the self-service check-outs to make it marginally safer for customers to be less than two metres apart.

Highlighted
Rising Star

Now the dust is settling.....

Checked, we have the equivalent of 3 loaves in our Freezers, plus enough food to keep us going for about a month.

And loads of Rice Cakes !

Checking, too late, the home delivery slots are becoming vacant.

Over the next 4 months, our spend on previous home delivery amortises to not much more than our normal weekly shop.

At least the nice weather means we can relax in the garden.

Which is a relief.

Though we are expecting overnight sleet showers.

Highlighted
Hero

@Lægen wrote:

Now the dust is settling.....

Yes, people seem to be running out of freezers and cupboards to store all their panic-bought food etc.  Only an expected six-minute wait on the Morrisons website this morning.

Highlighted
Rising Star

Screen Shot 2020-04-19 at 23.21.33.jpg

So, this is Christmas.......

No chance.

Highlighted
Pro
Fixes: 1

Near fell off my chair this morning there were loads of slots at Tesco. Not sure why, wondering if they have changed when they release them of have added more slots. I know they said they hoped to have more coming online.

Highlighted
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

I'm finding more C&C slots at all our nearby Tescos this week. They seem to appear mid to late afternoon. No delivery slots though.

Less than impressed however with our experience at one branch today. Little attempt at social distancing by the 2 C&C lads, no gloves worn, after loading the bags into the car I had to handle the empty trays and stack them on a pallet. Wine bottle was smashed, other wine-soaked stuff given quick wipe down with kitchen towel and rebagged.

Contrast with 2 weeks ago - not allowed out of car until all trays stacked by boot, told not to touch the trays, which were removed as I emptied them by the lady on duty, who was wearing gloves and maintained a good distance throughout.

Highlighted
Rising Star

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Being guided to park a car in a safe manner is a reason to not shop there? Well, all the more store space for us walking to & from the stores if people get uppity about being told where to park their cars I suppose... 🤣

Highlighted
Rising Star

@Lægen wrote:

Another reason not to shop in-store at Tesco.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/uk-news/tesco-changes-car-parking-rules-18155820

Tesco 6am shop. Empty car park, no restrictions. No queue, empty store. In, Bread, Out, Home by 6:15am

No need to buy other food, have enough in storage from recent home deliveries.

Though I do still have a further three weekly home deliveries booked, with another supermarket, if I need them, or for OOS Tesco items.

Highlighted
Rising Star

@Jonpe wrote:

Walked straight into my nearest large Sainsbury's at about 10 am. today.  Not as many customers as at that time before the virus.  

Went to our ex Sainsbury's yesterday morning, opening time.....

Car park was full, very spaced out queue to enter store right around car park.

Some old dears thought 6 feet distancing meant 6 metres !

30 minutes to reach entrance,15 minutes inside, at least we were able to buy some long missed items.

Never again.

Tesco these days is straight in.

Sainsbury's saving grace, extremely wide aisles, and no one way system in store.

So meandering was nice.

Highlighted
Rising Star

Tesco today, 2pm, no queue, store nearly empty.

Car park remarkably unpopulated.

No till queue.

No missing items.