Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tesco Home Delivery

Highlighted
Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Tesco Home Delivery

Still no delivery slots available and none after the 16th April have been released yet at Tesco, Sainsburys or Asda & no C&C either.

Highlighted
Rising Star

Stocked up now with canned & dry goods.

Discovering salads again, it is quite warm outside.

The excitement is growing ........

First C&C in a couple of days now.

Next home delivery is 3 weeks away though....

Difficult to find extra slots atm, though we did manage to procure extra 3 C&C, three weeks ago, a week apart, hoping to move them soon.

We need a larger freezer !!!

I give extra to elderly neighbours.

Not one of these:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/coronavirus-outrage-bins-pictured-filled-21773469

Nothing is thrown out here.

Highlighted
Pro

@Lægen wrote:

No. You need to stop stockpiling.

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

I love where I live (I do seriously).

I've managed to get essential supplies, and yesterday I managed to get 4 toilet rolls for *ahem* the reason we all need to use them. No need to go into any detail there I think.

Love where I live and it does come together as people know your name and show you respect.

You don't get that often.

Highlighted
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 6

@Lægen wrote: First C&C in a couple of days now.

Next home delivery is 3 weeks away though....

Difficult to find extra slots atm, though we did manage to procure extra 3 C&C, three weeks ago, a week apart, hoping to move them soon.

Bought the larger freezer a couple of weeks ago - look out for profiteering though.

Morrisons don't seem to allow booking another delivery slot until you get the one you have already delivered. Not that it matters much. Wife went into Tesco's the other day to get some fresh vegs etc. Said it felt like an airport check-in. Lines, spacing etc. Said shelves seemed to be well stocked up.

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
Highlighted
Seasoned Pro

@rEUnite wrote:

@Lægen wrote:

No. You need to stop stockpiling.

But what about the 'elderly neighbours' they'll waste away without the philanthropic nature of others.

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Same stuff going on at my local Tesco as the aforementioned, 2m-spaced lines outside for queueing, 40 max. customers allowed in store, vigilant cleaning through the store, burley bouncers at the door to deal with any potential dip💩s that act all high & mighty, trolleys being cleaned as they're parked up, yep, quite the experience...

Life for those of us who can't get any online shopping...

Distance shopping...Distance shopping...

Highlighted
Fixes: 457

As stores have been reporting upwards of 200% increase in chest freezer sales, I wonder how these people managed for years without a freezer.

I mean they can't be using their new freezer to stock-pile food, that would be socially unacceptable wouldn't it.

Customer and Forum Moderator. Windows 10 Firefox 78.0.2 (64-bit)

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Just had my TV licence reminder. I think I'm going to have a payment "holiday" this month. As A. I might need the money and B, I might end up six foot under. That's 1.82 metres for the imperial ignorant.

I guess I'm going to have to start doing shopping lists. After queueing for half an hour, forgetting one thing and nipping back in is no longer an option.

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

@Strat wrote:

I wonder how these people managed for years without a freezer.

Dunno about others, but our freezer is 1/3rd glacier, cos it's a piece of inde[-Censored-] junk branded as Hotpoint, keep thinking it'd be better off in the arctic to re-freeze the ice caps!!! 🤣

Highlighted
Pro

I've just come across a tesco slot for delivery tomorrow evening. That's eased the situation and I've not even put loo roll in the basket.

Highlighted
Rising Star

Local Facebook heads up.......

Tesco Store Sunday 29th March  15:30

Queue 2 mins, store very quiet, Very well stocked, army of youngsters filling shelves.

Some gaps but not stuff I am interested in.
In & Out 20 mins £60 shop, which is most of what I had ordered online, Asda & Tesco. Lots of security guards.

Everyone adhered to 6 feet, apart from the odd ones who thought if they rushed/ pushed past in store, 2 feet is enough !

15:30 in, 15:50 out.

Will do this again. Now just have to put it all away.
Tesco also wiped down the trolley as you entered the store. Nice touch

Very pleasant young staff

To be commended.

The whole operation was run like clockwork.

Pleasant Security also…

Highlighted
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 6

@Strat wrote:, I wonder how these people managed for years without a freezer.

I mean they can't be using their new freezer to stock-pile food, that would be socially unacceptable wouldn't it.

I don't know about socially unacceptable but the reason I get another freezer is simple. The original one is too small. While it was just about coping when we use to do frequent shops during the week. It was obvious with 4 people in the house, no chance. As it is, one shopping trip in 12 days. Next shop next Friday.

And that is what has changed. I use to do shopping as and when. Now its best stay at home time. And judging by today, looks like it might be for some time yet!

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
Highlighted
Rising Star

@Lægen wrote:

Tesco Store Sunday 29th March  15:30

Queue 2 mins, store very quiet, Very well stocked, army of youngsters filling shelves.

Everyone adhered to 6 feet, apart from the odd ones who thought if they rushed/ pushed past in store, 2 feet is enough !

15:30 in, 15:50 out.

Tesco Monday 6pm.

No queue, no security, just tape & markings.

Store virtually empty

Got all I wanted, less disinfectant.

Still some pushy people in a rush !!

Highlighted
Pro

@Lægen wrote:

Still some pushy people in a rush !!

Probably people who couldn’t “procure extra 3 C&C” slots?