Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tesco Home Delivery

Highlighted
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 5

Re: Tesco Home Delivery

Or you could use the other side of the toilet paper.
Should that seem messy then when the sun shines drape them over the fence to dry....  

Highlighted
Rising Star

Both Tesco & Aldi (& probably others too) have a habit of removing some items just before packing...

So, I took a chance & visited Tesco this morning at 6am

Only five people queueing. Normal for 6am

Of course there was also one, who turned up with a big trolley, full of his own importance, who tried to push his way to the front.

You could hear him going L-R trying to get past.

Another customer & myself successfully blocked his way.

If a slight gap appeared, one of us would fill it.

Anyway, there were several Toilet & Kitchen Rolls and enough Bread, but a bit depleted, good dates.

15 minutes later, checked out.

Still only a few customers in-store.

If there had been a large queue, I would have just come home, there wasn't, so I didn't......

I basically bought what disappears, a normal home delivery of other goods tomorrow, having removed bread from my list.

Normal prices in-store.

Staff said it had been manic recently, day time.

Busy? I would have come back home.

Tesco, 3 weeks lead time for home delivery booking !

Asda, just one week, for click & collect.

And always more bread options, inc our favourites.

Highlighted
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 6

@Champnet wrote: Or you could use the other side of the toilet paper.

Evil! I find the Screwfix catalogue has plenty of pages and just the right size! 😎 But food for thought, out in Asia they tend to have a spray wash next to the loo. Saves on loo roll. Water's bl**dy cold though!

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
Highlighted
Champion
Fixes: 12

@idonno wrote:

I find the Screwfix catalogue has plenty of pages and just the right size! 😎 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-51980820

Highlighted
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 1

🤮

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Intesting @idonno 

Didn't think of that, there is one local to me and I will be heading over to the high street later. See if it is open.

Would actually like to read some of the content, but in a case of an emergency it has other uses I guess.

Highlighted
Pro

We tried the Waitrose old folks slot on Friday.  We got there about 5 mins after opening to find a packed car park, the store full of fellow gerrys and only a couple of trolleys available.  The bouncer said that there had been a long queue waiting for the store to open when she arrived 15 minutes before opening time.  Social distancing was impossible. When we left 30 mins later things were getting back to normal.

Because of this we went there half an hour later this morning,  It was much quieter than usual and we could get everything we wanted (apart from sanitiser) although the choice was limited.  It was amusing to see that the female bouncer had been replaced by a big male bruiser!

When we left just before normal opening time there were only a few younger people waiting to be allowed in so it looks as though the panic buying has diminished.

I am half-expecting to get the 12 weeks at home letter and am a bit worried that there are no online slots available in our area from any supermarket.   Don't want to go against the advice but may have to.

Highlighted
Rising Star

We just need a big, butch soldier to accompany us !

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Took a trip to tesco this morning for some proper shopping at long last, seemed rather normal there, aside from people looking about in dismay at the empty shelves in several aisles, but there was bogroll (didn't need any, so didn't take any, because I'm not a hoarding idiot!!!), some household cleaning supplies and one major essential, tea, definitely needed that!!! 😂

Was intending to do a walk to Asda (and Aldi, & maybe Home Bargains) too, but after the amount of shopping I carried home, I was too knackered, so putting that off 'til tomorrow, so long as enforced lockdown isn't implemented overnight or something...

Highlighted
Pro
Fixes: 1

Just had my delivery and everything ordered was delivered. I couldn't order everything I wanted tho' they was no washing up liquid available for instance and a few other things but we have everything we need to see us through to our next delivery on 7th April. Mind you my sister had to close her coffeeshop on Saturday so she dropped off a few things that can't be frozen like mushrooms, tomatoes etc.

Highlighted
Rising Star

Tesco.... it's been like this for a week now !Screen Shot 2020-03-23 at 23.10.09.jpg

Even worse after PM's statement.

Highlighted
Rising Star

Another Supermarket that had run out of C&C slots, now has released many, many more !

Starting in a few days time.

I'm keeping it a secret, don't want you all nicking "my" slots

Perhaps they've employed more pickers ?

Tesco, still no slots  for the foreseeable future !

One local frozen food shop is doing next day delivery...... but my freezers are already full.

Highlighted
Rising Star

I see online news, that some supermarkets now have full shelves,  and few customers in store.

Not round here though........

Highlighted
Champion
Fixes: 12

@Lægen wrote:

Perhaps they've employed more pickers ?

Supermarkets recently announced they'd be taking on several thousand extra Pickers/Packers and delivery drivers to meet demand....

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Just had a quick trip to one of many local supermarkets. Unlike others that have started employing the "black lines" this one has gone for the queue outside so I didn't bother. The queue outside method strikes me as just buck passing on shoppers safety as a few I've seen shoppers are just left to mill around outside.

At least most post offices are still open generally now 12-4pm. I was disappointed a hardware shop next to the supermarket was closed. I was hoping to get a few things to keep me more occupied.