Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tesco Home Delivery

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Re: Tesco Home Delivery

Though my Asda order arriving tomorrow (I hope) is the first one I've done for a few years, back then I wouldn't order anything "Fresh", so no fruit, veg, meats or the like, as I would prefer to pick those out myself, though granted there are those with little choice at the moment, but it's just something I'd avoid doing as they can't always be trusted to deliver the freshest or best choice...

Highlighted
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 8

@Mayfly 

I agree with you about Tesco strawberries. We had our delivery on Thursday, bang on time, strawberries were rubbish although they had Saturday's date on them, very soft and squashy. When you hear that, with the cancellation of Wimbledon, there is a glut of strawberries why are we getting poor quality ones? That was the second batch we have ordered. Raspberries now have been very nice.

It is a pity that we are going to have to wait another month before we can consider venturing into a shop to exercise our own quality control techniques. If they look rubbish don't buy them.

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 11

When my niece was a few years younger, we stayed at Margate for 2 nights.

So my sister said "I want to go to Morrisons". Okay I am thinking - fine. I got myself a few bits and pieces and of course beers (yep got my priorites right there of course). I reckon I spent a score (£20).

Same as any Morrisons really, she went mad. It was like the last scene of Supermarket Sweep. I couldn't make this up.

She is a very time efficient shopper. Total damage? £120.

Me: We're only here for two [-Censored-]ing nights and we've done £120?

🙄

Highlighted
Pro

We have the same trouble with fruit and veg in our regular delivery from Ocado.  (The meat and fish are usually OK.)  My wife isn't shielding so she nips in to Waitrose once a week during  the"reserved for oldies" hour when it's nearly empty.  

We hear reports that the Co-Op is fairly quiet and well-behaved whereas Morrisons is a bit of a scrum.  Tesco and Sainsbury are in the next town and the nearest Asda is even further away so we have no idea what they are like.

Highlighted
Champion
Fixes: 12

Well if you're getting poor quality products tell them. Tesco customer service is very good IME.

On the few times I've used it not only will they refund you immediately, they'll often give you a good will gesture in the form of vouchers too.

Plusnet could learn a lot from them....

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 11

Yep we have a big Morrisions where my sister lives, and a Co-Op and Sainsburys where I live.

Which is fine for me, as I live on my own I just pick up a few pieces.

I don't eat very much, usually I get some (light ales) and a microwave meal for the day. If I feel advertious I might nuke a pizza in the oven. If I don't nuke it - done that once before and the smoke alarm went off. Thought "Oh well done Alex - the pizza has a nice black topping and you've nuked it quite a lot". Of course that went in the bin.

I don't cook and am getting a bit better now. When a pizza is in the oven I check up on it more often and recently I managed to nuke one in the oven that was edible. Well done to me. 😊

Highlighted
Pro

@DaveyH wrote:

Well if you're getting poor quality products tell them. Tesco customer service is very good IME.

Maybe, but they never have a delivery slot available when we want one! 

Highlighted
Hero
Fixes: 5

@DaveyH wrote:

... they'll often give you a good will gesture ...

Plusnet could learn a lot from them....

I don't know the present situation with regard to PN goodwill gestures, but I suspect they still happen in the right circumstances.

I've had some in the past.  I recall (probably about 15 years ago?) when the PN VoIP service had just started up, due to teething troubles with monthly allowances not refreshing for some customers I got a surprise phone call on a weekend day thanking me for my patience, and with no suggestion from me I was given 2 months free broadband (that was when low speed ADSL was £22.99 p/m), plus I was put on a different allowance to compensate for the lost minutes.

I'm not sure if the intention was to put me on that allowance permanently or not, but I remained on it until the PN VoIP service was closed down.  It was very handy getting 500 mins. per month versus the official 240 mins. p/m I was previously on!

I think there may have been other gestures but I don't recall right now.

Highlighted
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 1

@DaveyH wrote:

On the few times I've used it not only will they refund you immediately, they'll often give you a good will gesture in the form of vouchers too.

Yeah I have done I also told them how helpful the store was in getting the to delivery to me. 

Must say I've always found Tesco CS good.

Highlighted
Fixes: 460

I've been a Tesco customer for years, however these days most of my food comes from Aldi as that's where my Daughter does my food shopping.

Customer and Forum Moderator. Windows 10 Firefox 79.0 (64-bit)

Highlighted
Aspiring Pro

@Lægen wrote:

Tesco C&C next day pickups, it's chucking it down, car park is undercover ...

Booked in for tomorrow, mega cupboard filling shop.

Just one day lead time.

The C&C pantechnicon can't do frozen food, so Asda home delivery booked for outstanding frozen items.

Shopping picked around Midnight, so any missing items, just walk into  store after C&C in car park, usually on shelves by then

Mostly Bread

CS very good at refunding missing items, or unhappy subs.

Highlighted
Hero
Fixes: 44

@Lægen Really riveting information.🤣

John
Highlighted
Hero
Fixes: 5

@jab1 

And I can't believe how many items some people need in a week!

Highlighted
Hero
Fixes: 44

@RobPN  Oversized family, or just greedy individuals? 😉

John
Highlighted
Aspiring Pro

Just stocking up before the second wave hits......