Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tesco Home Delivery

Highlighted
All Star
Fixes: 4

Re: Tesco Home Delivery

@Lægen wrote:Tesco.... it's been like this for a week now !

Yep, been pretty dire there. I don't normally do click and collect but with no home delivery slots available I went for that option. One time slot available for £1! Nearly 3 weeks away. Selected it, went through the rigmarole of getting the shopping together. Clicked check out and do what!!!! Select a slot! Needless to say, won't be doing that again.

Morrisons seems to be ok...so far. Even got a home delivery for Friday week, always assuming people are still alive by then.

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
Highlighted
Rising Star

Screen Shot 2020-03-25 at 19.00.38.jpg

Highlighted
Hero
Fixes: 9

The Tesco I usually use seems to be coping reasonably well, no queue and most things available although not in huge quantities.  I wonder whether they only put out small amounts of everything in order to reduce panic buying.  Got a nice surprise today when I reached the check-out and realised that a couple of things that are often discounted still were, despite the shelf labels showing the full price.  Only two or three people in front of me at the self-service check-outs and no form of one-out-one-in control outside the shop.

Another Tesco I went past had a long queue outside, as did Morrisons (where I walked straight in yesterday morning).

Sainsbury's Local next to the bus stop where I was waiting for my bus had two customers queuing outside when I got there but once they'd been served the guy guarding the door was complaining that they had no customers.

At M&S I ended up queuing outside behind a rather aggressive Oriental woman who pretty much measured the distance between us to ensure it wasn't a millimetre short of two metres.  Ironically, once inside the store she was quite happy to stand close to me and even stretch over my shoulder to get hold of something she wanted to buy.

At another M&S the 'doorman' was handing out small bunches of daffodils to shoppers as they left.  Nice touch.

Slightly OT but when I walked across the park this morning I felt like a leper; people were standing aside and even moving onto the grass as I passed on the footpath.  And these were dog owners who seem quite happy for other people's dogs to jump up and lick their faces!

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

@Jonpe wrote:

Slightly OT but when I walked across the park this morning I felt like a leper; people were standing aside and even moving onto the grass as I passed on the footpath.

I was waiting at the traffic lights today and looked at the car in front and saw they were looking back at me in their mirror. Just at that moment I happened to cough and the next second they rolled their car forward a couple of feet. Maybe just a coincidence.😀

Highlighted
Rising Star

@Jonpe wrote:

The Tesco I usually use seems to be coping reasonably well, no queue and most things available although not in huge quantities.  I wonder whether they only put out small amounts of everything in order to reduce panic buying.  Got a nice surprise today when I reached the check-out and realised that a couple of things that are often discounted still were, despite the shelf labels showing the full price.  Only two or three people in front of me at the self-service check-outs and no form of one-out-one-in control outside the shop.

Another Tesco I went past had a long queue outside, as did Morrisons (where I walked straight in yesterday morning).

Sainsbury's Local next to the bus stop where I was waiting for my bus had two customers queuing outside when I got there but once they'd been served the guy guarding the door was complaining that they had no customers.

At M&S I ended up queuing outside behind a rather aggressive Oriental woman who pretty much measured the distance between us to ensure it wasn't a millimetre short of two metres.  Ironically, once inside the store she was quite happy to stand close to me and even stretch over my shoulder to get hold of something she wanted to buy.

It's all down to Demographics.

Highlighted
Rising Star

Online Deliveries & C&C were again accessible from 1am today.

It's been a logistics nightmare, amending orders and moving things around so as not to get too much duplication.

Now, the next month is sorted, unless I missed something !

(I will place a near duplicate date with another supplier, just to get a slot, then as other slots become available, space them out more evenly)

Our local Tesco seems to be better stocked these days, only problem, is non 2m distance wise shoppers !!

Highlighted
All Star
Fixes: 4

@Lægen wrote: Online Deliveries & C&C were again accessible from 1am today.

I must try getting up at 1am   😎 .......... Still same same round these parts. A total void. Still it has remembered my order....in limbo.

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
Highlighted
Pro

@Lægen wrote:

(I will place a near duplicate date with another supplier, just to get a slot, then as other slots become available, space them out more evenly)

I think we can safely assume your real name is Jack.

Highlighted
Rising Star

Since breakfast time, both Tesco & Asda online bookings are available, though slots are up to 3 or more weeks away !

At least you can now check on previous bookings, amend them, and if available, change slots.

So my previous post about logistics, they are easier to manage, daytime.

Highlighted
All Star
Fixes: 3

So, how many provisional slots have you booked ?

Highlighted
Rising Star

Not One.

Nor Two.

Nor Three.

None in fact. 

Any booked slots contain a food delivery.

Spaced out One per week.

Highlighted
Pro

@Lægen wrote:

Since breakfast time, both Tesco & Asda online bookings are available, though slots are up to 3 or more weeks away !

Not in my area, no slots available at all up to 16th April and none showing beyond that.

No C & C available either.

Highlighted
Pro

@Lægen wrote:

@Lægen wrote:

Any booked slots contain a food delivery.

Spaced out One per week.

Sounds like the food contained in these booked slots is porky pies.

Highlighted
Grafter

No delivery slots or CC  for Asda at all in my area  so much for the extra slots

Boris J has no problem he has his toilet rolls delivered in a large lorry

HD

Highlighted
Hero
Fixes: 22

@HelloDuck wrote:

Boris J has no problem he has his toilet rolls delivered in a large lorry

Well he does come out with so much.....

Bee Alert >> Spray safe >> Save hives