Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tesco Has Annoyed Me

Steve
Pro

Tesco Has Annoyed Me

Rant mode on
They annoyed me when they removed Branston beans from the shelves. And now they have the neck to remove my bread ( Kingsmill ) from the shelf. Few emails will be sent out later tonight.
http://www.marketingmagazine.co.uk/article/1338738/tesco-ditches-kingsmill-bread

Rant mode off Angry
44 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Tesco Has Annoyed Me

Sainsburys have stopped selling all of the items that attracted me to shop there over Tesco.
We mainly bought their squash as it didn't have any artificial sweeteners in. They have now changed all their recipes and it all tastes rank !
Steve
Pro

Recipe changes are just as criminal aren't they. Just contacted Kingsmill will wait on a reply before I send Tesco my thoughts. I knew something was wrong when all I seen in the aisle was hovis, hovis and more ruddy hovis oh and some warburtons.
Community Veteran

I'm sure they would have a good commercial reason for de-stocking it. I buy Sainsbury's multigrain. Baked daily in store and costs £1.30.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

It's been hard to get Warburtons lately for me, as you say they have been pushing Hovis which is not much better than the Tescos own brand bread.  If they drop Warburtons it's back to ASDA for me, but there home delivery is poor in comparison.
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

The CO-OP stock kingsmill bread..... but not Hovis...
so you should be ok going there.. instead.. ! 
Fixes: 122

We love Warburton's seeded bread but we find Hovis 7 Seeds wholemeal is just as good.
For a while we did buy the cheapest Tesco/ASDA/Morrison's branded bread but, apart from when toasted, they were all bland, tastless and fell to pieces as you got a slice out of the bag. Better to spend that bit extra on some things Smiley
Taylor's mustard is another item we find hard to get locally. Last time we got it from Amazon. Two of the 6 jars were broken so they sent a further 6 and told us to keep the original 4 unbroken ones as well. Think we still have a couple of jars left.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Fixes: 47

Don't be too hard on them. After all they have just reported a record breaking loss.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Steve
Pro

Quote from: artmo
I'm sure they would have a good commercial reason for de-stocking it.
What taking off the leading brand? Makes sense if they want to dig a much deeper hole for themselves.
Nick Law of Allied Bakeries talks Tesco delist below
https://soundcloud.com/britishbakermag/nick-law-of-allied-bakeries-talks-tesco-delist-and-the-bread-...
Community Veteran

It may be a popular bread but is it their leading brand Undecided
I assume Tesco think customers will buy other brands to replace this one.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Another reason to buy a breadmaker, fresh bread every day, and you can make it the way you want it, from basic white to filled with all kinds of seedy, grainy, fruity things... Grin
Steve
Pro

@artmo 50/50 is the leading brand in the industry according to the link to soundcloud in my last post above yours.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

I'm with 2cv I love my Panasonic bread maker. It fills the house with the smell of bread baking and fresh warm bread is superb  Cool
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Community Veteran

I gave my Panasonic away - it was replaced by a "superior" mixer and its space was needed in the kitchen.
I still miss it though - fantastic breadmaker. Not a patch on the new mixer but then you can't make cakes in it ........
Community Veteran

Asda annoyed me when they stopped making their apple doughnuts.