cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tesco Clubcard Statement

nadger
Rising Star

Tesco Clubcard Statement

Just got latest statement and there were no vouchers where one gets money off or extra points for buying certain items  Sad
As Tesco is our nearest supermarket, at just over a mile away, we'll still shop there but it's no longer so beneficial.
We used to get double points and four times value when we used Eurotunnel - about 8% on our spend.
Now it's single points and three times on Eurotunnel - about 3% return.
If Tesco could make an extra 5% that's a tasty increase in profits.

19 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

Re: Tesco Clubcard Statement

Strange we still got some "extra's" in our statement, like extra points or money off certain things.
Even with my xyl working for them, we still shop in other places, mostly Aldi and Asda (being the local ones) and occasionally Morrisons (30 miles round trip) (the sugar free custard powder there is the best tasting  Tongue So tend to stock up)
Fixes: 105

We now get £6 off £40 spend rather than extra points.
Will Moderate For Thanks
Community Veteran
Fixes: 4

and 10p off per litre of petrol when you spend £60 - http://www.tesco.com/petrol-promotion/
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Points = more profit for Tesco.
If they gave you no points but legitimately lowered their prices would you still feel cheated? - You realise that the points are paid for through inflated prices right?
They're not doing you any favours at all even with the petrol money off. They're raking in the profits from these so called rewards.
Food for thought..
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
nadger
Rising Star

Unfortunately neither of the above offers help as never spend those sort of amounts  Cry
@Sprite - I do realise that points are a hook
Community Veteran

Points were a con from the moment they started if you ask me.
1000 points = £1 yet you have to spend £1000 to get 1000 points (or £1 per point) if memory serves me corrently (might be 100 points - not sure). Hardly seems worth it really. Knock 20p off a few items instead.
Weirdly though these points seem to have a psychological effect on people instead. They seem to go crazy about them for some reason almost like its become a competition / game to try and collect as many as possible Crazy
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Shoppers points is nothing to do with giving money back to the shopper, it is all about tracking your every transaction and spending patterns, what items you buy at particular times, response to "offers" etc.  All that data is held on a massive database (often offshore) and is available for the retailer to interrogate and also to sell to other organisations.
I'm willing to sell that information to the supermarkets but not at the dismal rates they offer with their points schemes.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
JayG
Aspiring Pro

The points are earned at the rate of 1 per £1 spent, and are nominally worth 1p.
Tesco seem to be on a voucher-fest at the moment and it's hard to keep up (as I cashed in one "£5 off a spend of £40" voucher yet another one spewed out of the till printer!!)  Cheesy
Community Veteran

Morrison's were giving six pence off per litre if you spent more than £40 on shopping.
Absolute pain in the butt ! The queue of cars waiting to fill up were taking over 30 minutes, when these offers are on I avoid Morrisons
Community Veteran
Fixes: 4

You would think that it should be technically possible to associate the petrol discount voucher with the Clubcard/rewards card, so that motorists can "Pay At Pump" without causing these queues by having to present the voucher at the payment kiosk.  Roll eyes
JayG
Aspiring Pro

It probably is possible, but I'd also be prepared to bet that the promotional budget relies quite heavily on lots of people forgetting/losing/timing-out on their paper vouchers!  Wink
Fixes: 47

As far as lost but current Tesco vouchers you can print out fresh copies from here https://secure.tesco.com/clubcard/myaccount/Vouchers/Home.aspx
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran

Quote from: Sprite
1000 points = £1 yet you have to spend £1000 to get 1000 points (or £1 per point) if memory serves me corrently (might be 100 points - not sure). Hardly seems worth it really. Knock 20p off a few items instead.

It sort of destroyed your argument when you based your comment on 1000points = £1 and then suggest it might be 100 points = £1. Roll eyes  I see JayG has put you right.
@nadger, got my Tesco statement today with 6 vouchers attached. Normally some of the vouchers are of no use to me but this time I will be able to use them all.
Community Veteran

Quote from: artmo
Quote from: Sprite

It sort of destroyed your argument when you based your comment on 1000points = £1 and then suggest it might be 100 points = £1. Roll eyes  I see JayG has put you right.

artmo: Whatever  Roll eyes