Did you mean: 

Tesco Clubcard Points

nadger
Rising Star

Tesco Clubcard Points

109 REPLIES
Fixes: 102

Re: Tesco Clubcard Points

so they reduce the deals from 4x to 3x but promise the double clubcard points will make up for it, and now they scrap that.
and trying to force the customer to buy their own brand products.. sucks a lot.
Will Moderate For Thanks
Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

Considering it was a "short time" offer ending last xmas, I don't think it is so bad that they are dropping it now. Nobody is forcing you to shop there.
Being on a low income I shop around for my normal food shop. Aldi's gets my basics sorted, Asda or Tesco depending on who is cheaper for the rest, with Home Bargains picking up some of the rest.
I see people complain about the prices of things but they refuse to walk an extra 200 yds to another shop or shop in a "poor" persons shop (aka Lidl/Aldi/Home Bargains, etc).
E.g. in Aldi I get milk at 79p for 2l, in Tesco is is £1.20 (?). I also get their toasting bread at 69p compared to £1+ at T.'s.
Also their rolls (4 pack) taste better than the ones at Asda/Tesco  Grin
Now these prices will be different in different parts of the country (I know that milk in Berwick is £1 at Aldi/Lidl) but the savings are there to be made. As to "rewards" never used them, what little money I get in vouchers gets spent on food usually.
nadger
Rising Star

Bit annoying as we only use points to go to France through Eurotunnel.
As article says it's gone from £0.08 per £1.00 to £0.03 per £1.00.
I also use Tesco credit card to get extra points at rate of one point per £4.00 spent.
As Tesco is our closest supermarket we'll still shop there.
We also have Aldi adjacent to Tesco and shop there for a lot of items.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

So what difference does it make in reality? - None. They were offsetting the points with higher prices to pay for them.
So in reality what difference does it make? - Those loyalty card customers save money.. and those non-loyalty card customers save money. In other words it's Tesco trying to pull in extra customers for the busy period.
The loyalty card customers don't actually loose.
Then you have the 1 point per pound thing. So.. you get 250 points and get a £2.50 voucher iirc. I don't know about you but I'd rather go with the discounted food to be honest. Not that I believe they will actually discount anything.. Tesco have become very clever at making out they're doing us a favour when they're actually doing the opposite.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Ellis
Grafter

Our nearest store is Morrison's (8miles return), next is Tesco's (10miles return) and ALDI (12miles return). Price/distance ratio, ALDI and Morrison's about the same, Tesco's are more expensive. Tesco built a "Superstore" a few years ago, after one visit I decided that when you need a bike and a road map to find your way around it, I am not interested. So that's another "downer" for Tesco.
Some price comparisons:- Eggs - Morrison's £2+ per dozen, ALDI 99p per 10.
Bread - about the same price.
Long Life Milk (semi skimmed) - M's 80+p per litre, A's 70+p per litre.
Community Veteran

Their bullet proof attitude of "We're untouchable" also offended me when they wronged me a few years back (criminal damage to a car from one of their staff who was on duty). No apologies, no offer to put it right, just a short arrogantly toned letter from the manager which offended me further. I should of reported it to the fuzz but you live and learn. Then you have their so called 'cheap' prices which are actually more expensive than most places. We do go there sometimes for small bits and pieces but we don't use them for the main shopping at all now.
ASDA won us away and their customer service is far superior to Tesco. Not only that but ASDA do genuine real discounts. I picked up a bargain home electrical product - normally on sale for £300 online, was on sale in store for about £200 being advertised as a deal back then. Then it came down a few quid.. down to £150.. down a bit more.. eventually we walked in one day and nabbed it when I saw it at less than £100 - reputable brand and all other external parts (worth more than the price paid) included  Shocked Cool
Sainsburys despite being expensive also have very good customer service too. Got several refunds from them and apologies too. Ok, had to call the manager once but that was soon cleared up.
Waitrose.. well.. expensive but their customer service attitude is exceptional. Bought a couple of things in there once which they'd mispriced. The advertised cost was lower than what came up on the receipt. The SO told me to let it go but being a grumpy [Censored] that day I went in and had a moan.. to my shock they gave me back the entire cost of both items and told us they were complimentary  Shocked You wouldn't get that from another supermarket!
Steve
Pro

Quote from: nadger
As from end of October double points ends  Cry
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/retailandconsumer/8782931/Tesco-to-cut-prices-by-500...
Bit of a bummer that, Good while It lasted though, Really loved the triple points promo.
nadger
Rising Star

For us Tesco/Aldi are 1.35 miles and Morrison is 2.19 miles whereas  nearest Asda is about 10 miles.
Whilst one might make savings in other stores the mileage costs have to be considered.
Have to agree that the staff attitude in Tesco can leave a lot to be desired.
Community Veteran

The government say they're doing a good job. It must be true then.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

There's nowt wrong with Tesco's Clubcard if you have no objection to a record of every item you purchase in the store being recorded against your personal details on a large central database. That information is sold to anyone who pays the fee.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
James
Grafter

Quote from: Sprite
Apparently Tesco now also only recruit people part time - to escape pension rights.

Do you just make this stuff up or do you have any credible information to support your claim?
What's on offer?
Part-time, full-time, flexible and seasonal contracts; we have the hours to suit your lifestyle. And if you have challenges with exams, childcare, religious holidays or want time out to travel, we will always try to find ways to help you take the time you need, through shift-swap or lifestyle break.

http://stores.tesco-careers.com/page.cfm/content/whats-on-offer/
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

I can’t see a database of that size, complexity and turnover actually being available to generate meaningful results. (although AlaricAdair is probably correct). The storage would be immense (Petabytes and beyond) the database would be out of date too quickly.
I’ve worked on some reasonable size databases (5k transactions per minute), customer base of several million customers but with maximum of 6-7 item types per customer, we found it pretty difficult to manage let alone use for marketing purposes, even with 500tb storage we could only keep two months of records online at a time.
nadger
Rising Star

I've no doubt that Tesco record what one buys as the offers that one gets quarterly, with tokens, are personalised.
Their Clubcard website is one of the best with regards to information about ones account.
Community Veteran

The government say they're doing a good job. It must be true then.