Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrorist attack

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 11

Terrorist attack

Oh dear,,, An explosion on a Tube train in south-west London is being treated as terrorism, Scotland Yard has said. Angry

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-41278545

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
35 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Re: Terrorist attack

Yes just seen the news - I put it on in the morning as it always seems to kick off somewhere. London again.

Injured, and the device didn't fully detionate they are saying.

Hopefully no one was killed, but hearing the reports I'd be surprised if there wasn't sadly.

18 injured.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Oh not again..

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Champnet
Rising Star

Even though there was no detonation listening to eye witness reports the human stampede has probably caused very serious injuries. 

Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

injuries are reported to be mostly burns

Community Veteran

Yes sadly those injuries may be life changing as the press would say (scars, etc).
Not just the physical damage to people, also mentally.

Sounds to me the detintator went off but the bomb didn't. This is what happened on the later July London bombs.

Also they're saying it was on a timer. I wish the person who did this would do the decent thing and kill themselves and hurt no-one else seriously.

Jonpe
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 2

I remember people writing to newspapers applauding London Underground for reducing staffing at stations; now passengers are complaining that there were only two staff on duty.

Champnet
Rising Star

Listening to Frank Gardener on the BBC if the bomb had gone off then the carriage and all it's contents would have been destroyed.

Community Veteran

With London (and anyone who's been there will know), is you get Nanny state announcements to report anything suspicious.

Problem is how do you know? The tubes are so packed in peak morning rush hour as are my trains so you wouldn't know who had what bag, whether it belonged to someone or they had got off to do something nasty. As today. I assume it was planned to be at that time so no-one would notice and it would be packed.

Well I am heading to Central London later to meet a friend, so I am not going to let it stop me.

I remember when I was at my first job when someone planted bombs at pubs. On the way home listening to radio the presenter said something like "I will never know what goes through these peoples minds, and I am glad I never will".

True.

Jonpe
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 2

These new trains are walk-through so a lot more than one carriage would have been affected although the damage would have been different to the 7/7 bombings since the explosion would not have been in quite such a confined space.

Community Veteran

@Jonpe, Watching Sky news, they were saying the train had to stop at a red signal. If it hadn't been delayed it could have been timed to go off in a Tunnel. There are tunnels in the area.

So if it had been in a tunnel and the bomb did properly go off, I'd imagine the outcome would have been a lot worse.

Champnet
Rising Star

@Alex you're right "Problem is how do you know?" 

During my 20 odd years of Underground commuting I've noticed passengers are more suspicious of persons looking and behaving strangely, but what do you do?

My pet hate is the person swaying in the seat muttering strange incantations. He seems to be somewhere else but what is he about to do ?

Probably innocent but very unnerving.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 11

Hopefully they will find them Via the CCTV , do they have systems on the trains like the buses ?

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Community Veteran

The person has been identified on CCTV.
Hopefully they will catch the person or persons and justice will be done.
I won't go into what I would do, as it wouldn't be pleasant reading 🤐
DaveyH
Pro
Fixes: 7

I see Drumpf wasted no time fact checking before politicising this latest attack...