Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ten days, when did that happen?

Minivanman
Hero
Fixes: 1

Ten days, when did that happen?

When did 'ten days' become the new norm for getting anything done from companies and organisations, and when did that happen?

As well as plusnet telling me that it will take ten days to refund my money and their often quoted ten days before my line 'clears', I had a text message from the DWP this morning telling me it would be yes, "ten days before they can make a decision". 

Just glad I do not have to wait ten days before the Mrs cooks me my dinner!

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
10 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Re: Ten days, when did that happen?

It will take me up to 10 days to thing of a reply to your post.

Wink

Minivanman
Hero

No problem, I'm used to it! Smiley

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Once upon a time it was "Please wait for up to 28 days for anything to happen"...

Minivanman
Hero

Don't recall that one, but I do recall "five working days" which was a favorite one from the banks for cheques to clear although it was no surprise when cheques paid to them were cleared and accounts debited almost straight away and yes, that did happen to me on more than one occasion.

Strange how some things get faster and others get even slower, including myself!

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Ten Days.... another "con".... just a way of saying at least 2 weeks... i.e. Ten WORKING days.. !.. saying it will take ten days is the same as selling prices of £5,995.00  so that it "looks" cheaper than Six Grand..  

Welshdragon
Rising Star

But on the day you owe them money, your services get interrupted & have to press & have to go through hoops to pay them.....

Minivanman
Hero

Very true, and have you noticed the more money you owe the easier it is to avoid paying it back? Owe a million, that's the secret! 

Welshdragon
Rising Star

It'll end up costing them, much more than you owe.....Wink

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

It used to take 10 days to clear a cheque`s value into your account when you paid it in.... but it still took only 10 seconds for them to make you overdrawn for 10 days .... Cry

Welshdragon
Rising Star

I have removed the overdraft from my account & never have any DD's set up, incase like has been done before, they try taking money earlier than expected or, when you've paid via the dognbone, they inadvertently put you on a rolling monthly payment, without your prior knowledge.