cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Televisions

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Re: Televisions

Yeah - Comet is part of the Kingfisher/Woolworths crowd and agreed - lesser of the two evils  - just.
Community Veteran

Sky + now all ordered, They are coming to install it next thursday..
clockley
Grafter

does anyone have a decent cheap widescreen telly?  For short term use really, until i can convince the mrs that I deserve a nice big shiny telly.
Thanks
Carl
Superuser
Superuser

Quote from: clockley
does anyone have a decent cheap widescreen telly?

tried Freecycle?  It's amazing what gets given away on there, decent TVs get offered regularly on our local freecycle (alongside everything from paving slabs and mountain bikes to cars and baby clothes .... )  http://www.freecycle.org .  There's likely to be a branch in your nearest large town, 3 million members worldwide iirc.
Regards,
Penny.
Penny Rollo * Force 9 from 17/02/98 * PlusNet from 2000 onwards
Project HappyChild - free maths worksheets, free French-English
worksheets and 12 other languages
personal site www.pennymidasrollo.plus.com
Fenster
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

test
Munky

Quote from: Assos
Well, I've been into town to have a look round on the high street to see what there is, but while I was out Mother and Stephen have decided to [Censored] off to John Lewis in Wycombe without me, so I guess it'll be whatever they choose in JL, but the Samsung is on the list apparently...

Dunno if your interested in repairing the sony TV, but if you are . . this link might help . .
http://www.euras.com/repair_tips_1/SONY/KV28FX20B/KV28FX20B_Sony.htm
Big_Fred
Dabbler

Quote from: Assos
Evening all!
Our 27" CRT Sony TV has decided to go kaput Does anyone have any other suggestions on a new telly / what might be up with the sony and if it's worth getting it repaired?

I would strongly recomend buying "What TV & Video" or "What Hi-Fi or mags like these. I spent nearly three weeks choosing the right components for me.
I found them the most informitive of all.
I got the top of the range and voted best of all Editiors choice Yamaha AV receiver, Toshiba SD340 progressive scanning DVD player, matching Toshiba Video recorder and a 32 Toshiba progressive scanning CRT TV all were within my budget and I saved a lot of ££££'s and didn't end up with the rubbish I thought I wanted or what the salesman in Richer Sounds told me I needed as it was "end of line" stock.
Good Luck.
Big Fred.
PS> The AV forum is a good site I am also signed upto it, howver, there are a few "Anoraks" on there but all with a wealth of knowledge.
Nothing better than reading and looking at the nice photos in a mag.
Community Veteran

Quote from: clockley
does anyone have a decent cheap widescreen telly?  For short term use really, until i can convince the mrs that I deserve a nice big shiny telly.
Thanks
Carl

I hear PN have lots of them hanging around.  Just bring your screwdriver and loiter near one till everyone turns their back Wink
B
clockley
Grafter

I hear PN have lots of them hanging around.  Just bring your screwdriver and loiter near one till everyone turns their back Wink
B

Thought about that  Grin but then realised that there are webcams for you lovely customers to see us Customer Support advisers!
Just waiting for that next power cut..... lol