Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Teeth whitening? Err, no thanks.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 11

Re: Teeth whitening? Err, no thanks.

@Minivanman 

You are certainly getting your teeth into this topic.....

Jonpe
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 9

Nowadays you just pop over to Budapest and get new teeth screwed in, tooth by tooth, for a few hundred quid.  A couple of my colleagues have done this and were very impressed with the procedure.

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

@Jonpe 

Knew somebody who that at the age of about 80 had all new teeth so that she would look OK when laying in her coffin. Incredibly vain all through life and not short of a few bob either as it cost close on £3000 and that was some fifteen years ago.

Determined to look her best to the last and beyond it seems. At that price I'd rather grow old naturally with what teeth I have - which is still most of them as it happens.

I seem to recall it being said that the best way to look after your teeth was to join the Armed Forces as they had some of the best dentists around and that you'd get your nashers sorted out free of charge - and all at the taxpayers expense!

Community Veteran
Fixes: 11

@Jonpe wrote:

Nowadays you just pop over to Budapest and get new teeth screwed in, tooth by tooth, for a few hundred quid.  A couple of my colleagues have done this and were very impressed with the procedure.

Sounds good, and in the majority of cases a good job is done.....but....if anything goes wrong it's a long way to go to get it fixed.

Having said that prices here do seem high.....some interesting YouTube videos on what the procedure involves.

Jonpe
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 9

The eastern European dental practices that advertise such services have offices in London where they do the initial examination and follow-up.  There have been a few reports of dissatisfied customers but, as with PN, those who are unhappy with the service are more likely to comment.  No newspaper is going to do a story about someone who's happy with their dental treatment, are they?