cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tea

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Tea

According to one article in the press tea is good for you providing you have 4 or moe cups a day, no idea if the claim is true or not but I get through 7 or 8 cups of tea a day ?

If you drink tea how many cups do you get through in a day ?

23 REPLIES
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Re: Tea

I would of thought it would of been green tea. Not a fan of the stuff though in any of its forms, prefer my coffee but will have an odd cuppa tea when its a blue moon.

Pete11
Pro
Fixes: 3

I also get through about 7 or 8 cups a day, not including 3 or 4 coffees. But if I'm out fishing I only drink coffee, and I get through 1 large flask (1.7 ltr) and a small flask (1 ltr). Seems a lot i know but it helps me concentrate, especially in a fishing match.

A float tip is pleasing in its appearance and even more pleasing in its disappearance.
Growing old is inevitable...But growing up is optional.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

I am a "T" man.... not a fan of coffee in any disguise.... Had to buy my own tea bags, for use "on watch" when I was on HMS  Centaur, and other ships, where the Wireless Office    "Tea Boat"      only supplied coffee made with canned condensed milk...

I drink about 6  Mugs of tea a day... got one on the go now..!.. apparently, it is only good for you if you don`t take Milk & Sugar in it... as far as I`m concerned,.... some milk... and two teaspoons of sugar are essential, to a strong brew.... I drink it, because I enjoy it... not because I think it will give me an "advantage" over coffee drinkers in the health stakes... !

Fixes: 47

1st cup of the day is Tea. The rest of the day is coffee or water.

Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Fixes: 125

I mainly drink water but occasionally enjoy a milky coffee with 3 sugars.

I used to drink tea but went off it in the 90's.

I get fed up with all these drink this, don't drink that, eat this, don't eat that, this is the recommended daily intake rubbish spouted every so often. While we are alive it is our body to do as we wish. I have said many times; most things in moderation with the occasion excess - and why notWink

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

DaveyH
Pro
Fixes: 7

I gave up smoking at the beginning of the year, but unfortunately replaced that habit with drinking insane amounts coffee (easily 15 cups a day at one point).

I've since weened myself off that habit and have taken to drinking 3 - 4 cups Rooibos (AKA Redbush) which is a S. African bush 'tea' a day.

Its caffeine free, low in tannin, and full of Vitamin C, and other things, and supposedly has all sorts of health benefits..

Though not really the reason I drink it, but I certainly feel much better for cutting out all that coffee...
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 11

In the morning ,,  brain will  not work correctly untill my third Coffee  ,,,,,,,,,,,  Black with 2 sugars please Thumbs Up

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

zero tea and zero coffee.
in fact never any hot drinks at all.
zero alcohol too.

99% of time drink water (tap water in scotland being more than adequate).
1% of time a fizzy lemonade.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

@DaveyH  You are probably feelling much better from not smoking,...  I`m addicted to Extra Strong mints,... since I used them to help me stop some 25 or more years ago... I go through about 4 packs a week !... but my breath smells much better than when I smoked.... ! ! ! ..

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 212

I used to drink about 12 cups of really strong coffee a day when I was studying at uni.
After trying some coffee I bought off tinterweb, marketed as “the strongest coffee in the world” and feeling ill afterwards, I felt it was time to wean myself off it Thumbs Up and generally now only drink a couple cups of Rooibos or green tea a day whilst at work.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team
salmo
Rising Star

@Pete11 .If I drunk that much coffee when I was fishing I would have to keep wading out of the river so many times that I wouldn't be able to concentrate.

Pete11
Pro
Fixes: 3

Now you know why I stand up to my waist in the water. Cool smiley

A float tip is pleasing in its appearance and even more pleasing in its disappearance.
Growing old is inevitable...But growing up is optional.
salmo
Rising Star

@Pete11 I guess your chest waders have a waterproof zip in them like mine. Mind you the zip broke and leaked on one fishing holiday. It was embarrassing every night. I prefer water to tea or coffee when fishing although I did develop a liking for yerba mate tea on one fishing trip. Tight lines.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

chenks76 wrote:
zero tea and zero coffee.
in fact never any hot drinks at all.
zero alcohol too.

99% of time drink water (tap water in scotland being more than adequate).
1% of time a fizzy lemonade.

I doubt there are many who can make that claim.

Every few years we get a couple of well dressed men with an american accent knocking on the door who don't touch tea, coffee or alcohol and offering to save me but I never accept the offer and prefer to stick with the tea, coffee & alcohol.

Smiley