cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Taxi firms, particularly Uber, to still insist on riders wearing masks from next week!

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

Re: Taxi firms, particularly Uber, to still insist on riders wearing masks from next week!

@gleneagles 

From what I understand you may well be better protected and as a result not have to go into hospital or even worse, die, but having that jab does not stop you contracting the virus as some folk around here seem to think, it just reduces the consequences of getting and by all accounts, it significantly reduces your chances of becoming seriously ill with the disease.

Add to all you can still pass it on but there you go Glen, some seem think they are immune to all the different types of the virus now kicking around.

All I see is some immune to common sense and responsibility towards others.

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
Thomas A. Edison
TeeGee
Seasoned Pro

Re: Taxi firms, particularly Uber, to still insist on riders wearing masks from next week!

Here we go again!

Everyone has a right not to use UBER.

If you are vulnerable (or just plain scared) you have a right to stay at home.

If you are vaccinated and tested nobody has a right to tell you what to do in a public place.

If you are a cabinet minister or member of SAGE you can have relations with somebody else's wife regardless of current legislation.

Happy Monday folks!!

P S If you are staying in tomorrow take time to look at the ONS website to see how many people died without having Covid.

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

Nobody is telling anybody not to do anything, all that is being said is to take at least some responsibility for yourself and for others.

Difficult concept for some to grasp, obviously.

As for having the right to stay at home, why does that remind me of the freedom to starve argument.  

Thomas A. Edison
TeeGee
Seasoned Pro

No it is not a difficult concept. A minority are trying to stigmatise those who want to get on with a real normal life who have the common sense to manage risk under appropriate circumstances..

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

So one mans normal is another mans risk of getting an infection.

They can knock themselves out, but they can also stay away from me, mine, and my door.... and perhaps the door of the NHS if they catch a dose. But they won't of course as that same attitude will see them demanding their rights and pushing in front of that queue for an ambulance.

Sheesh, cheerleaders for the selfish abound. 

I wonder if they are the same people that block the pavement with their cars? Probably.

"My right innit" - well no, it's not.

Thomas A. Edison
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 52

@TeeGee wrote:

No it is not a difficult concept. A minority are trying to stigmatise those who want to get on with a real normal life who have the common sense to manage risk under appropriate circumstances..

@TeeGee  So... which minority are you talking about... ?

would it be the 56% in this poll...

Ahead of the momentous day, Express.co.uk asked readers: "Should Freedom Day be postponed as Covid cases rocket across Britain?"

Of the 17,729 people who responded, 56 percent (9,910) agreed it should be delayed

or would it be the 43 percent of the same poll....

compared with 43 percent (7,572) who said Mr Johnson’s roadmap out of the pandemic was right.

Or perhaps you were referring to the "Don`t Knows"

A total of 247 respondents (one percent of the total) were unsure.

Source : - https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1464308/lockdown-news-freedom-day-july-19-boris-johnson-coronaviru...

TeeGee
Seasoned Pro

I love polls. They are always slanted towards giving the "right" answer.

In a random observation this morning probably only 10 percent of people in my local supermarket were wearing facemasks.

But do not worry.  There will be more lockdowns in all but name together with taxes called "charges" come Autumn. They are not to prorect the public but to protect the government!

Baldrick1
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 201

@TeeGee wrote:

In a random observation this morning probably only 10 percent of people in my local supermarket were wearing facemasks.

As I've said before, this is a subject that will be as divisive as the Brexit debate was.

I'm guessing that this will happen with shops. During the busy times of day, those who take a prudent and sensible approach will use shops that require customers to wear masks and the rest will go to shops where customers are quite happy to go and spread their bugs around each other.

I do agree with your comment on polls. As Winston Churchill is reported as saying: "Polls are like a drunk with a Lamp post. They are used more for support than illumination."

Champnet
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 7

In a random observation this morning probably far less than 5 percent of people in my local supermarkets weren't wearing facemasks. That's Morrisons & Waitrose. As for Polls, depends on who's sponsoring them and what results are expected.......

billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

It was hard not to notice, in the shopping area I was in this morning, that there seemed more masks than usual not less. I wasn't the only person who remarked on this.

Yes there was a few maskless but they were the usual ne'er do wells. So no change there either.

Basically the main changes were signs on shop doors. Most along the lines of - no limit on numbers but please wear a mask.

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

@TeeGee 

Re: "...ONS website to see how many people died without having Covid".

Well how would they know? I doubt very much those that fell off the roof or those that popped their clogs at 90 would be tested for it. Why would they?

As for deaths from just Covid then again that is going to be stats proving something and nothing for those that would use them to their own ends as most deaths since the nasty business kicked off are Covid related.  Cancers, the elderly, low immunity and many other preconditions all of which when Covid kicks in tips folks over the edge and into the beyond.

The minority such as they are are going to be healthy enough people that have died from just catching Covid. Now those figures I would like to see.  

All water under the bridge now so no point in arguing or debating anything as all we can do now is stand by and watch as it all unfolds for better or for worse and fingers crossed it will not the the latter, hope that the government/s have made the right choice, and that those that have real concerns about that choice such as the medical profession have got it wrong.

Taxi!  

@Champnet 

@billnotben 

I'm now left wondering just where the mask and non mask wearers shop. My guess is more mask wearers at places like Waitrose and fewer at places like our local Kwik-E-Marts. 

"Thank you, don't come again" 😀

Thomas A. Edison
Mav
Fixes: 434

@Champnet wrote:

As for Polls, depends on who's sponsoring them and what results are expected.......

...required 🙄

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still