cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tattoo Removal on NHS

Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Re: Tattoo Removal on NHS

Obviously.  The price should factor in all direct costs, overheads, admin, taxes, depreciation, etc., etc., and a fair profit margin to actually generate some revenue to plough back in.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Fixes: 256

Excellent idea Smiley

Customer and Forum Moderator. Windows 10 Firefox 68.0 (64-bit)

It's a Reliant Robin NOT a Robin Reliant.
Life is tough enough without adding Linux into the mix.
Fixes: 289

I caught part of a program in the early hours showing a man having laser surgery to remove teardrop tattoos from under his eyes (must have seemed a good idea at the time  Roll eyes)
Apparently it was extremely painful and several sessions were needed. I didn't catch whether he was having it done under the NHS or privately.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran

Quote from: Mav
Apparently it was extremely painful

Good!  Lips are sealed
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.

Tattooing and Body Piercing were a subject on a recent The Big Questions program.
One of the people on there was a man who had his entire body tattooed......including his eyeballs Shocked

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

I did a short job in Western Samoa where the local culture includes full body tattoos done with a needle on the end of a stick! Not modern electric equipment  Shocked
But it stopped at the edge of their clothes. When wearing short sleeved shirt, shorts and flip flops nothing to see. So it is possible. I never saw anyonethere with a bluebird tattooed on their neck or thumbs.  Cheesy
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Fixes: 289

Quote from: Strat
...including his eyeballs Shocked

That seems to be more popular these days from what I have read. It looks sinister - then again, that's probably the reason for it  Shocked

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran

Quote from: Strat
......including his eyeballs Shocked

I wouldn't have thought that possible but (thanks, Google): http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2936800/How-far-look-different-Man-EYEBALL-tattooed-body-mod...
Call me 'w23'

I'm very bad at letting people near my eyes like when I have something in one and someone offers to remove it.
So the idea of someone tattooing my eye would be an extreme nightmare.

Community Veteran

More details in today's Daily Mail.
Tattoo Details
valart
Grafter

A 20 year old tatto looks a mess blue arms when I was doing my national service abroad I nearly had it done , but I was advised by a sailor before I went into the shop that I would regret it he showed me his tattos they were awful.
Minivanman
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 1

"Is this what our NHS money should be spent on...... "

Short and sweet answer to this most clickbait of subjects, absolutely not - and I have a tattoo. 

It's the national health service, not the national want service at the taxpayers expense although I'm sure there must be a charity around that would fund such stupidity. Crazy2

Community Veteran
Fixes: 10

I think most would agree with that, it's when you get into grey areas such as hip replacements, one health authority at least insists people who are obese should lose weight before hip/knee replacements are done

Fixes: 557

Try £70 million wasted on compensation http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/fe9f72fc-e5b0-11e6-91a5-3055b464eb48
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Community Veteran
Fixes: 10

Or the amount the NHS pays for basic drugs such as aspirin, paracetamol etc.....They pay double the price these things can be purchased for in the large supermarkets and some smaller stores, I have even seen aspirin for sale in a pound shop !