Tanks for the tow, mate....!!!

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Tanks for the tow, mate....!!!

5 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Re: Tanks for the tow, mate....!!!

If only our own forces could be bothered to make a difference to our country. Moons ago they did, now they do sweet FA whenever we have bad weather.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran

Some countries just seem to get on with it.
Here a problem is something the government mulls over, thinks about, and re-thinks.
Usually with little end result.
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 1

Quote from: 7up
If only our own forces could be bothered to make a difference to our country. Moons ago they did, now they do sweet FA whenever we have bad weather.

years ago it was legal for them to do so, now it isn't
as a member of HMAF it  was illegal to do something that a civilian could be contract to do, so whilst many are fully qualified (with all the civil certs) to do things they are prohibited from doing so, this restriction was put in place when crown immunity was withdrawn back in mid 90's
hence the reason why unless the emergency support of the civil powers act request has been signed by a member of the civil powers HMAF wont "help" with anything if they care about not going to prison!
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

In winter fit snow tyres and have tyre chains available, it makes an enormous difference.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
TORPC
Grafter

A few years ago
I saw a little Suzuki 4X4 tow a full size tractor unit & 50ft trailer unit up a 1 in 4 slope, without issues in the snow