cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tall Man clothing advice

Fixes: 47

Tall Man clothing advice

I'm 6' 1" in my stocking feet and with regard to trousers, more specifically jeans, I need an inside leg of 35".
I look in most stores like Matalan and George in Asda and their sizes are short, medium and long with the long varying between 33" and 34" which to my mind isn't long.
Looks like I'm resigned to shopping online but prefer not to as I like to try before I buy.
Are there any over 'over 34" inside leg' men around here with suggestions for where to buy.
I brought 2 pairs of Levi 501s back from Canada with a 36" inside leg and they are ok albeit a shade too long.

BTW my waist is 34".
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
17 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: Tall Man clothing advice

I used to have a friend, that had a business for "BIG MEN".... basically for size 12 shoes and over.... and larger waisted persons... will try and dig out his website.....but meanwhile

http://www.highandmighty.co.uk/shop/
this is the page for "Tall Range" of clothing....
http://www.highandmighty.co.uk/shop/menswear/1/_/N-1ytvkxa/Ntt-Tall/products/show.action?cm_re=Mensw...
Google "Tall Mens Clothing" for more results...... Wink

Quote from: shutter
Google "Tall Mens Clothing" for more results...... Wink

I did use Google but it doesn't offer personal recommendations Wink
Community Veteran
Fixes: 4

Currently 81 pairs of mens jeans with L35" leg on eBay - L35 Men's Jeans
and 3 pairs of 501s, but all used - eBay 35" 501s
Steve
Seasoned Pro

You are slightly taller than me, I buy my jeans at Burton's on-line and although they say long, They are actually quite long, But not much, Its hard finding the right clothes that fit let alone the extortionate prices we have to pay considering how much a half pint pays for the same jeans.

You're supposed to shrink as you get older so I'm hoping to shrink into the jeans and trousers I currently have but don't quite fit.
And they'll probably come back into fashion about the same time....bonus Smiley
Steve
Seasoned Pro

You could always wear a hat and a white glove and the thriller jacket whilst moonwalking along to the post office?

Excellent idea Steve. Thanks for that Grin
Do I need white socks because I've got loads.
Simon_M
Grafter

Quote from: Strat
You're supposed to shrink as you get older

I've dropped from a 35" to a 34" leg. I suspect it's got more to do with going from a 34" to a 38" waist than any actual shrinkage - the change in shape pushes your trousers to sit a bit lower.  Sad
The upside is that quite a few trousers are available in a 34" leg, especially those designed for outdoor or leisure activity. When not required to be smart, I practically live in Craghoppers of various sorts.
I should drop the white socks - they can only draw attention to any gap 'twixt trouser & shoe.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Also rochesterclothing.eu  My son is 6ft 4 in. We've used them for years.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
snozboz
Grafter

High and Mighty (as above)
and
Big & Tall - a trading name of http://www.jonathoncharles.co.uk/locate
Fixes: 125

At 6' 4 1/2 and a bit inches with an inside leg of 34" and a 32" waist I always struggled to find clothes but often found M&S catered for me although, back in the 80's the styles, weren't the best.
Burtons also were good for me and sometimes found something suitable in BHS. Most suits had to be tailor-made which started to become expensive so haven't had a suit for many years.
I seem to remember visiting some of the smaller, independent shops up West and being satisfied.
I do remember a friend used to say that with my figure I could look good in just about anything including a black plastic bin bag but I always felt too tall, lanky and awkward.
I'm probably a bit shorter nowadays as I think my last pair of trousers was 33".

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

itsme
Grafter

Quote from: Simon
I've dropped from a 35" to a 34" leg. I suspect it's got more to do with going from a 34" to a 38" waist than any actual shrinkage - the change in shape pushes your trousers to sit a bit lower.   Sad

I would not be surprised if you go to a tailor to get your waist measured it would be 40/42. Just like the high percentage of women wearing the wrong size bras there is an equal percentage of men wearing the wrong size trousers. 

But if you grow from a 34" waist to a 36" waist you still squeeze into 34" trousers in the vain hope that your waist will get the message and adjust itself to fit the trousers.
Simon_M
Grafter

itsme - you are probably right. As your shape changes, the definition of 'waist' gets a bit vague! As what used to be the narrow bit gradually becomes the widest bit, your trouser waistband sits lower - and not at the widest part. Suddenly braces seem so much more sensible! In sure I'm at least 40" at the widest point, but as I've actually lost a bit of weight lately, my 38" waist trousers are now too big.
Strat - the resultant bulge is not a good look! Although you do tell yourself that the increase is, of course, only temporary! No real need to go out & replace those favourite trousers - they'll fit fine by next month/year/decade.