Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TalkTalk on a blacklist

Community Veteran
Fixes: 21

TalkTalk on a blacklist

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7884596.stm?lss
Oh well, we shouldn't laugh, we've been there, seen the movie, got the tee-shirt etc.
Now it's someone else turn  Roll eyes
4 REPLIES
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 64

Re: TalkTalk on a blacklist

Seems the blacklisting in this case stops Talk Talk punters from even being able to browse to the respective websites - Not sure that's affected us before.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

And so they should be  Grin
Fixes: 47

The problems began with a power outage (pilot light went out) at the firm's servers server in Manchester Mumbai on Friday.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
MommaCat
Grafter

I was interested to read this thread because when I was searching for an ISP, TalkTalk was one I looked at.  Unknown to me, when I put my telephone number into their broadband checker it was filed somewhere on their system because, about a week later, I received a telephone call from a salesman at TalkTalk saying I had expressed interest and was there anything he could help me with.  Grin  I told him that I was still in the process of looking at various ISPs and, if I decided on TalkTalk, then I would contact them. 
About a week further down the line I had another call from, this time, a saleslady.  I told her I had decided on another ISP and she asked me why I had not chosen TalkTalk.  I told her that I had put the name of each ISP into Google adding "+ problems" and TalkTalk had thrown up the most websites full of complaints about them.  That ended the conversation!  Grin Grin Grin