Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TalkTalk Slash Broadband Prices

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

TalkTalk Slash Broadband Prices

Have we a price war ?   will Plusnet follow ?    But i see Talk Talk say "The aggressive discounting is said to be available to both new and existing customers"

is this going to be followed ?

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2018/02/budget-price-war-continues-talktalk-slash-broadband-pr...

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
21 REPLIES
Luzern
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: TalkTalk Slash Broadband Prices

Bringing costs in line with quality of current service?Roll eyes Watch for further reductions soon.Funny

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
St3
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 4

I would save £11 a month if i moved.... tempting offer.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

@St3 yes but its Talk Talk Sad Knuppel Crazy2

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Community Veteran
Fixes: 9

Reduce the cost and continue to reduce the service until someone offers free broadband supported by adverts.

Then we have a slow no cost service with zero support or 09 number for help and spend 90% of the time being pestered by adverts.

A continued reduction in costs may mean some ISP going to the wall or being taken over and when there is minimal choice prices change again but in a upward direction

Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

@gleneagles wrote:
and spend 90% of the time being pestered by adverts.

No change there then, thank goodness for ad blockers... Funny

Luzern
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 2

Thy'd probably make accepting ads part of the T&Cs. Blocking would terminate service immediately.Funny

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 10

Rat race to the bottom continues to drive the United Krumble then.. no change from the usual eh!

We live in interesting times don't we!

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

I think we already pay more than enough for such a simple service.

It seems only yesterday when dial up/broadband prices were regularly dropping.

Now all they do is regularly go up.

It didn't take long for suppliers to cotton on that broadband is now basically a necessary utility in our modern world. And to take advantage of that.

Maybe the government will also cotton on to this and start regulating it properly.

That would really put a spanner in the works.

Steve
Seasoned Pro

@rongtw wrote:

@St3 yes but its Talk Talk Sad Knuppel Crazy2

I been with Talk Talk since leaving Plusnet, must be over five years now. Talk Talk works just fine.

If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

My brothers been with Talk Talk for years.

Even when he moved house he stayed with them. He's happy with their service.

Jonpe
All Star
Fixes: 4

I found a letter sent to me by Freeserve/Wannado/Orange back in 2007 informing me that their dial-up service was being discontinued and that I would be moved onto their BB service for £11.99 (£3 less than I was paying for dial-up Anytime).  The speed offered was 2 Mbps and the download limit 2GB.  I didn't consider that download limit adequate so I opted instead for the BT 10GB limit, some 6-7Mbps speed, free for the first three months, then £18.99 (or was it £17.99) a month.

One of the reasons I left BT was that they wanted £13/month for unlimited BB and wouldn't budge on that price.  Back in the early 'noughties' one ISP was inviting internet users to express an interest in BB so they could assess the market; they were proposing to provide a 2Mbps connection at £39.99/month!  So prices for ADSL have certainly come down over the years, now let us wait for FTTC to go the same way.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 10

@billnotben wrote:

I think we already pay more than enough for such a simple service.

It seems only yesterday when dial up/broadband prices were regularly dropping.

Now all they do is regularly go up.

It didn't take long for suppliers to cotton on that broadband is now basically a necessary utility in our modern world. And to take advantage of that.

Maybe the government will also cotton on to this and start regulating it properly.

That would really put a spanner in the works.

I hear what you're saying but it's BT / BT Wholesale that is partly responsible for the high costs here. ISPs take their slice of course but they still have to pay BT for what they're providing on their behalf.

It's BT thats to blame really.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Fixes: 183

I moved to TT in 2012. I found the CS to be extremely poor and their forum not much better. As soon as they raised their prices I came back to Plusnet. I was away for about 9 months.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran
Fixes: 20

Well come June I will be looking at prices, so will be interesting to see what state the market is in then.
I think if you don't need to use the "tech help" then any provider will be fine, it is only when issues start to come that you need good support and sadly PN is failing in that now.
Take the PN billing system it has been going to be "replaced soon" for over 10 years now.

Given the hassles I have had over the past 18 months with PN when it comes due for renewal they will have to offer a really good retention deal to keep me on 3 play. (LL/BB/TV)