cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Talk about bog standard reply's!!!!!

mrmarkus1981
Grafter

Talk about bog standard reply's!!!!!

Ok so i took out a 12 month contract with Orange last month. The same 0845 number has been calling me at least 5 times a day ever since. I missed the 1st call and rang the number back to check who it was.
'Hello, this is a message from Orange, we tried to contact you today about insurance for your new handset....bla....bla.....bla'
I let this continue until yesterday until i lost the rag and sent them a polite email from my Orange Account telling them that i dont want insurance and to stop calling!!!!! THIS IS WHAT I GOT BACK!!!
Thank you for your email regarding unsolicited calls.
I am sorry to learn you have recently received an unwanted marketing call. Please be aware that the number you have listed is not Orange PCS Limited.
Please note that we do not contact those who have not given their consent, nor do we supply Customers details or phone numbers to outside Agencies.

Oh my god, the message starts with ''Hello, this is a message from Orange', where do people find customer service staff these days!!!!
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Talk about bog standard reply's!!!!!

Contact them again.  Tell them that you don't remember giving your consent, but if you did, please consider that consent withdrawn.  Any further marketing calls will be forwarded to the Information Commissioner for their consideration.
John
paulby
Grafter

It may not have been Orange.  There was an article on Watchdog some time back where a company was purporting to be Orange/O2/Vodafone etc. in order to sell phone insurance - you may have been called by a similar company.
I have two Orange mobiles on pay monthly accounts and Orange have never phoned me - either on the mobiles or on the landline.  
I have, however, been phoned by a company trying to offer me an upgrade - their opening phrase was something along the lines of "I'm calling from Orange about your mobile phone.." On questioning them it turned out to be an Orange reseller. (If it had been Orange they would have known that at the time I wasn't eligible for an upgrade!)
(Also Orange tend not to use 0845 numbers - they tend to use 0800, 0870 or 07973 - do a search here.)
mrmarkus1981
Grafter

Spookily enough its been 24 hours since they phoned last time!!!!
I will answer if it rings and give the person some grief
Lurker
Grafter

I've used Orange for around 15 years now for my personal phone, and for the past two years for my company phones (I spend around 2k/mth with them)
They very rarely get in touch with me by phone, and if they do it tends to be a courtesy call regarding an online action.

I do get calls all year round from other companies claiming to be calling on behalf or, or acting as a partner to, various phone companies.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Ok you guys..... listen up !......
Next time the phone rings, with a "marketing call".... doesn`t matter which company..... just listen to the opening gambit, recognise that the call is trying to sell you something, then leave the phone somewhere, but don`t put it back on the receiver....  eventually, it will  ....:-
a) ring off automatically...... Huh
b) get up the nose of the real person trying to talk to you, that you are not answering their questions, Cheesy
and best of all
c)  Cost the company making the call a waste of money call !  Grin Grin Grin
I don`t get any repeat calls from this action !  Wink
mrmarkus1981
Grafter

I did actually try answering the phone and leave it lying with them saying hello, hello, hellllooooo. But they kept phoning back.
They phoned again earlier:-
I asked which company they were calling from?
He said Orange.
I said that i have contacted Orange and they had no idea who it was.
He then said  he was from (random company name) in (random British town)
I said 'You told me you were from Orange'
He got all in a fluster
I said, dont call me again i dont want insurance
End of...........hopefully!