cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Talk-Talk in Morrisons

Fixes: 47

Talk-Talk in Morrisons

This evening as I left the checkout in our local Morrison's I was stopped by a Talk-Talk salesman.
"You look like a man who's currently with BT for your phone. Let me tell you how I can save you pounds with this great Talk-Talk deal"
'You've picked the wrong man' I thought to myself and responded with "I'm with Plusnet" Smiley
"How much are you paying for evenings and weekends" he asked.
"Can't remember" I said, trying to get away.
"£16.49 all in and no line rental with BT...you can't beat that" he said.
"I'm paying less than that" I said
"but you have to pay BT for your line rental on top" he said
"No I don't" said I at which point he conceded defeat and proceeded to stare through me to his next victim.
Talk-Talk 0  Plusnet 1
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
23 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

Re: Talk-Talk in Morrisons

Having always believed Talk Talk was cheaper I thought I would check - yup anytime phone prices are £14.99 (£15.99 after 12 months) but here is the kicker home phone anytime plus broadband (40GB limit) £20.99 and for a 10GB download limit Plusnet equivalent is £20.64 in market 3 exchange - note Talk Talk don't have free overnight downloads
Community Veteran

It's gonna get rough and dirty out there...... Wink

With the lean mean Plusnet machine Wink
Euge
Grafter

I remember accidently signing my parents over to talk talk because of my mobile phone with carphone warehouse (I think the companies are connected). My theory was that they had me on the phone saying 'yes' to one question, nothing to do with talk talk, and they signed me over to it. Only finding out when a letter came through and heard my parents reaction. That was 3 years ago I think.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Quote from: Euge
Only finding out when a letter came through and heard my parents reaction. That was 3 years ago I think.

So ...... when are you going to contact your parents...... 3 years is a long time...... ?Huh
Community Veteran

@Euge  - Yes Talk Talk is a trading name for CarPhone Warehouse. They also have the OneTel trading name - who they bought a few years ago.
When I changed from Onetel to PN last autumn, it was only a small difference in price - about 50p PM IIRC 
N/A

Well, that's a shame Strat - been to our Morrisons this morning and no sign of a TT rep. Was looking forward to a little chat but perhaps it's best that they weren't there as the poor chaps are only trying to earn a crust.

Forgot to mention my parting shot.
I asked him what the contract term was, to which he replied 18 months.
That clinched it. Who in their right mind is going to sign an 18 month contract in the Telecoms market. It's such a fast moving area that 18 months is very nearly a lifetime.
"Thanks but no thanks" I said and left. Smiley
Fixes: 105

TT can employ some sharp practices. I was with OneTel when TT bought them, a while later I got a phone call saying that my OneTel package doesn't exist anymore and that I *had* to move on to the TT Option 3.
I whipped up the web page and what do you know it was an 18month BB contract. I asked if I had to have their BB, 'No Sir'.
Asked whether he was sure and he then changed his mind. Said I didn't want to have their BB  under false pretences and suddenly my OneTel package was available again. Shocking that.
After that call I'd move my provider within the afternoon...
Will Moderate For Thanks
Community Veteran

TT are getting very aggressive in Morisons I had to rescue an old lady from their rep today. I know the women who is old and has heart problems and she got stopped by the TT man and he grabbed her as she tried to walk away and he then tried to follow her into the store even though she had said NO.
We had problem in our area were TT called at peoples houses and then filled in the forms and grabbed the phone line without the house holder knowing.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

He grabbed her - that's an assault.
Perhaps you should have made a citizens arrest - there again perhaps you shouldn't after your previous experience.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
StickyMick
Grafter

*Makes mental note to self* Must go visit Morrisons some time.
My sister was actually clobbered by them in a similar fashion to how you describe, Samuria. Except they did it over the phone.
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 5

They are often on the concorse at Liverpool Central Station.  I've been wanting them to stop me for ages, but they never do.  I think it would be quite fun loudly and publicly telling them why I don't want their service!
Phil
Lurker
Grafter

In Liverpool, so long as you can see either football stadium or the Mersey, it is actually perfectly legal to shoot a Talk-Talk Salesperson with a longbow and arrow, so long as the arrowtip is rosewood, and the bowstring is made from Unicorn gut.
Fact*
*may not be fact