Did you mean: 

Taking ATT Iphone out of USA - cost implications

Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

Taking ATT Iphone out of USA - cost implications

7 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Taking ATT Iphone out of USA - cost implications

If you ask me, the only problem there is a lack of common sense on the family's part.
Community Veteran

iPhones don't actually have removable batteries, but there's a standard 'airplane mode' that turns off GSM/EDGE/BT/WiFi. Similarly, I expect there's quite an easy way to turn off the automatic background e-mail checking, although seeing as I haven't personally used an iPhone I can't really say any more than that.
Community Veteran

Kliegerman said said most people don't read the lengthy terms and conditions.

I think that sums it up nicely. "I'm lazy, I didn't bother to read the contract, I've been charged lots of money, I'm going to sue ATT."
Community Veteran

I have some sympathy, If we read every page of every manual and every word of every licence there would be no time to use the items.
Speaking of which EULA's really are a load of tosh. When I install a piece of software on someone elses PC how can they be bound by it, they didn't ever see it, let alone agree to it!
clockley
Grafter

"Levy said he didn't expect data transfer charges internationally because he believed the data network in Europe wasn't compatible with the iPhone."
What is the old saying about assumption?
lol.  We have only just got fire in Britain and Europe, why would we have an adequate data network?
Community Veteran

Quote from: clockley
lol.  We have only just got fire in Britain and Europe, why would we have an adequate data network?

Carl,
He could always be assuming that because our network is superior. The iPhone runs on 2.5G technology, whereas we have widespread 3G networks over here (of course they have 3G in the US, but from what I've read / heard the coverage isn't as good). Also the EDGE network the iPhone uses isn't as widespread over here as in the states (we went for 3G while they went for a stopgap measure in 2.5G).
Either way as you have stated assuming is a stupid thing to do and the guy should've done his research properly.
[me=Assos]steps off his soapbox and goes to work[/me]
clockley
Grafter

Having read my post again, I have found that I am being more sarcastic than is usual, and I apologise.
Still, until I get used to this "fire" thing, I'm staying away from the new fangled technology.