cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV versions of Films

Fixes: 47

TV versions of Films

Pearl Harbour is currently on Channel 5, a film I have on DVD and know quite well.
The version on TV has been hacked to death with loads of scenes edited out.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
9 REPLIES
Fixes: 105

Re: TV versions of Films

Indeed, I remember watching Die Hard around  11PM one day on ITV and couldn't believe how much it had been cut.
Will Moderate For Thanks
Fixes: 125

Too many films get cut often breaking the flow and making some scenes seem ointless or meaningless Sad Angry
I remember the Radio Times always announced that no films were ever cut just to fit in with time schedules, though.
Be aware that there are often different prints made for a many films depending where/when they are being shown.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Fixes: 47

If the TV company thinks there are scenes inappropriate for viewing before the 9:00pm watershed then don't put the film on prior to the watershed.
Programs are stuff that commercial TV companies use to fill the gaps between adverts Roll eyes
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Lost patience with films on TV long ago with cuts, hacks and advertising breaks the original film just wouldn't hold my attention.
Community Veteran

Try watching a movie on an aircraft.  At least they have the courtesy to tell you it's been specially 'edited' for the flight. 
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

You can actually watch a movie on an aircraft artmo. I can't, spent 30 odd hours in first class with the entertainments switched off, can't concentrate on it at all.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.

I spent 30 hours in business class and watch many, many films. maybe the ones in first class were too highbrow for you? Wink
Will Moderate For Thanks
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Probably. Maybe too worried I was going to catch cold in the rarefied atmosphere.
Petlew reports himself for cross posting.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.

[me=dvorak]bans petlew to make up for being nice in the other thread.[/me]
Will Moderate For Thanks