Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV tonight

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 11

TV tonight

this should be interesting to watch tonight http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/three-girls-rochdale-abuse-case-...

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
38 REPLIES
Minivanman
Hero
Fixes: 1

Re: TV tonight

Going to be interesting to see how the perpetrators are portrayed. Politically correct egg shells I'm guessing and a brave production either way in today's oh so sensitive climate.

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
rongtw
Seasoned Hero

would like to see how they portray the role of the police in the cover up !

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Not sure if it's the same program but seem to recall something similar was due to be broadcast around the time of the trial of these men but it was not shown in case it influenced the Jury.

One danger of showing these things is the anger it will generate against the police, social workers and men from a similar background.

Of course the truth is the truth and it should be shown but as stated above there are negative sides to showing it and it can harden attitudes to the groups mentioned above.

Community Veteran

rongtw wrote:

would like to see how they portray the role of the police in the cover up !

I guess it's down to the very senior officers not wanting to deal with all the flack they would get from the public along with other organisations failing to back them, even now we have this nonsense that words in common usage are offensive to some people for example blackboard and similar things so no doubt they were reluctant to take action but that is not to support their failure but try to understand it.

Even today in Leyland, Lancashire there are taxi drivers who have been reported for sexual assaults yet they are still driving taxi's ?

Minivanman
Hero

@rongtw

Indeed, although I seem to recall that the police backed off rather than cover up because of race sensitivities.  

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Community Veteran

rongtw wrote:

how they portray the role of the police in the cover up

With that recent report of hundreds of police being caught using their position to gain sexual favours from not only criminals but also victims of crime their role in this certainly shouldn't be sugar coated.

With that in mind I can't help wondering if any police were compromised in this. It would explain a lot.

Fixes: 47

A very gritty production pulling no punches according to BBC staff who have seen it.

Nicole Taylor the writer appeared on BBC Breakfast this morning speaking about the programme.

Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
rongtw
Seasoned Hero

its excellent TV very thought provoking , But after looking for some reading i found this and was disgusted

Councillor Hussain gave a positive character reference for Abdul Qayyum, who was later convicted of conspiracy to engage in sexual activity with a child.

Hussain, however, remains in his role as a Labour councillor in the Firgrove and Smallbridge ward, and is now chairman of a township committee.

[-Censored-] !!

http://www.rochdaleonline.co.uk/news-features/2/news-headlines/71944/councillor-hussain-should-resig...

Minivanman
Hero

Started to watch it but for some reason or other I began to feel rather uncomfortable about it all and tuned out.

Lumpy cushions or garbage TV? Not sure either way to be honest. 

Infinity
Pro
Fixes: 2

Uncomfortable......

Try being with Jimmy Savile recording an interview in Roundhay Park next to where he lived in Leeds,  when a 13 year old girl comes up and he asks to stop recording, he then gets very friendly with the girl he obviously knows, and they wander off for a few minutes !!

Minivanman
Hero

Point taken, it's a mucky business to be sure but it still made for uncomfortable viewing.

Should I have stayed with it? You tell me. Huh 

rongtw
Seasoned Hero

I feel for the Pakistani actors ,, they must had felt aufull playing the roles

wonder if they will get some harassment soon

rongtw
Seasoned Hero

And the biggest problem is that it still happens Embarrassed

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-39953322

Community Veteran

Minivanman wrote:

Point taken, it's a mucky business to be sure but it still made for uncomfortable viewing.

Should I have stayed with it? You tell me. Huh 

Yes you should have stayed with it.

Imagine if you had been on the Jury !

Must have been uncomfortable for every single person in that court room.

Clearly impossible to say if what we saw was exactly what happened as we were watching actors but it is claimed what was said was taken from transcripts of the original case.

It was a utter disgrace the way very senior police officers tried to excuse their role and all credit to the senior officer who left the force as she disagreed with the way it had been handled, also a disgrace how the Health worker who raised the issue many times was eventually dismissed from the NHS.

It simply reinforces the message it better to keep your mouth shut rather than bring these things to light, simply another example of how whistleblowers will be treated.