cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV presenters...

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

TV presenters...

So, who are your most and least favourite TV presenters of any programme type; news, game show, documentary etc.
Generally, if you can forgive his tendency to speak through his nose, I find Nick Knowles quite good.
Of news readers: like Louise Minchin, least favourite Fiona Bruce.
Worst ever, Dale -coat hanger shoulders- Winton.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
12 REPLIES
198kHz
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

Re: TV presenters...

For documentaries my No. 1 is Ian Hislop - makes any subject interesting.
Not young enough to know everything
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Used to like Brian Readhead, he had a knack of getting interviewee's to relax, gave them time to get their view across, then very constructively pose his questions, very polite, well mannered, no butting in. All his interviews were a pleasure to listen to.  Sadly he passed away in 1994
nadger
Rising Star

I think that, overall, the BBC has some excellent presenters but that does depend on the type of programme one watches.
We are into travel, history, wild life etc etc.
My favourite newsreader is Kate Silverton as she has a great smile  Smiley
Looking forward to tonight's episode of Coast which is about the Netherlands - always a well presented programme.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Coast.... Yeah, well I can`t stand that Scottish guy.... his voice "grates" ..... and the other guy with the brolly stuck out of his rucksack..... if he ever went out in the rain, he never used it..... and even so, he didn`t actually do much walking. as he got a lift to the next location with the camera crew, and the helicopter pilots do the main work.... !..
nadger
Rising Star

I'm pleased to see that you know more about Coast than I do about East Enders, Coronation Street, X Factor etc etc  Tongue
Having watched Neil Oliver present various programmes I like him - perhaps it's the Scot in me.
I think Nick Crane's umbrella is his trademark - he even had it with him when he was doing various cycle rides.
Oh, and I do like Julia Bradbury and her walks  Smiley
pierre_pierre
Grafter

as presenters I find Griff Rhys Jones and Bill Bailey on Wildlife very good
Fixes: 125

Quote from: pierre_pierre
My favourite newsreader is Kate Silverton as she has a great smile  Smiley

Anyone remember Dilys Morgan?
I remember being glued to Nationwide when I was in my teens  Cheesy
I also used to like Russel Harty.
Now... Can't stand Davina McCall and Adrian Chiles. Like Anne Robinson and Huw Edwards

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Herne

completely off the wall i have been watching Morgan Freeman  doing a  series Thru the Wormhole  , hes pretty good  Smiley I like Ian Hislop  and is it Mike Loades who does all the medievil weapon programmes?  i cant stand Baldrick ..um Tony Robinson is it? i find men much easier to listen to as so many women whine and have high pitched voices that grate ....opps maybe i should run now?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Quote from: Herne
i cant stand Baldrick ..

SWMBO would agree with you, he did that 5 part 'catastrophe' series on Channel 4 and didn't change his shirt for the whole series Roll eyes
nadger
Rising Star

Have to agree that Tony Robinson isn't the greatest presenter - wish they had someone else doing Time Team.
198kHz
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

Robert Robinson would have been a lot better.
Not young enough to know everything
pierre_pierre
Grafter

I  went to one of his finds last week - Derwentcote, they were suppsed to have exposed a large amount around an English Heritage site, dont knoow when they filmed it, but there was absolutely none of his work to be seen, And I had a copy of the very recent program to look at on my PVR, all his 'Finds' were in the middle of a fenced off wood