cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV movies

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

TV movies

Am I the only one who watches a movie on TV (today's Independence Day being a case in point) getting irritated with the ad breaks, when all I have to do is get myself out of my chair and put on the DVD and watch it without the breaks!!
This is not the first time I've done this either, makes me wonder why I bother to keep a collection of DVD's.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
6 REPLIES
Fixes: 47

Re: TV movies

I've watched a few films on commercial TV, grumbling about the ad breaks and the DVD or Blu-ray is sitting on a shelf nearby Huh
No idea why I do it.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

I feel your pain!
Somehow though it's just not the same watching it o a DVD when you can watch it with the nation on the TV - knowing that the rest of them are also watching it "because it's on the telly"  Cheesy
Bonkers aren't we?! But yes I'm the same. I watch stargate atlantis on PickTV most evenings and get frustrated with the ads and bits they've edited out to make space for the extra ads. I've only got all 5 series on DVD that I could watch at any time  Roll eyes
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
DaveyH
Pro
Fixes: 7

Never do that. But rarely watch broadcast any more, its either DVD and Blu-rays or on demand/catchup
Fixes: 125

I remember back in the '80s and early '90s if I saw a film at the cinema I would make sure I watched it on video then eventually on TV.
The number of times there were differences between the three formats.
Nowadays I have very few DVDs (less that 20) and just one Blu-Ray!

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

RichAllen
Grafter

I have loads of DVDs and a few Blu Rays.
SWMBO (Who in my case is Mum) thinks I spend too much money on stuff though.

TORPC
Grafter

It saves pausing the film for bathroom breaks etc when the ADS come on  Cheesy Tongue