Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV last night

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 11

TV last night

How many watched this , and how many are worried ?

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/confessions-of-a-junior-doctor/on-demand/64765-001

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Re: TV last night

Me me me. It was similar in a way to the Channel 4 doc earlier in the year dealing with the NHS staffing crisis last year when A&E depts were overwhelmed.

Of course, the Government will now put all its efforts into addressing such things as this, especially as it has so much time on its hands! Ticked off

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Our local health committee (CCG) are pinning their hopes on having GP's (in reality Senior Nurse Practitioners) at the A&E reception to stream away patients not really needing Emergency treatment. Sadly this won't help as the non-urgent patients will be treated by Primary Care staff either at the hospital or in the "nearby" Urgent Care centre rather than waiting to get an appointment at their GP.  It will just attract more non-urgent cases over night and at the weekend.

This technique was tried by the big London Hospitals and it failed there. The hospital administrators will realise these non-urgent cases are no longer passing through their "books" at £100+ per time and will take measures to ensure the money keeps coming in.

The Government needs to deal with the underlying causes of budgetary problems which is the PFI hospital buildings which suck up enormous amounts of operational cash. The hospitals try to reduce operational costs by keeping permanent staff numbers low which in turn leads to gaps in coverage and the consequent use of expensive Locum staff.  Hence the pressures on hospital doctors.

Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

@AlaricAdair

Some good points in your post.

No matter which party is in power they seem to drag their feet in tackling problems that most of us have been aware of for years, yet any chance to poke our nose into other countries affairs and start a war with them seems to be done in an instant.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

I did see the program, one doctor said, " I have been covered in blood, vomit and other things "

I always thought that was part of the role of the nurse ?

Perhaps nurses ( Nurse practitioners) have took on the role of the Doctor.

Role reversal ?