Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV free licence

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

Re: TV free licence

@Alex wrote:

Not the case @Mook is it actually quite difficult.

When it comes to things of a legal nature I've always found being a step ahead most useful.

I was involved in lititgation a while back, did my own research, read up about things, googled a few things, read some reviews to see how many ways things could turn out etc. The amount of paperwork that flies back n forth is nuts but mostly common sense.

Had a run in with a copper 10 years ago too for no insurance.. needless to say having a friend who was a qualified motor insurance underwriter who i learnt several things from was a blessing in disguise. I insured the new car that day but unknown to me (or many) it could back then take 48 hours for the MIB to be updated. Additionally to save costs i used a little known trick of adding the car to the same policy as a temporary vehicle - not even the copper knew that could be done. I spent 45 mins having a right old grilling and by the time he'd heard me out i was released without charge to continnue my journey - after he realised he wasn't dealing with the average joe who was clueless and chancing it.

The key thing is to know your stuff - from multiple angles but also be able to see the bigger picture and what the logical next step would be for the other side. If you can do that you're prepared for anything. You can have arguments with the fiercist of legal teams but if you're clued up enough, even they can't defy common sense - or convince a judge to..

They say you should learn from your mistakes. I do but I also learn from other peoples.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

Couldn't agree more @7up 

Can't really talk about the case, as it is like Fight Club. You can't talk about Fight Club 😀
Especially on a public forum.

As I said, the Jury Service really helped me. Blessing in disguise that was. I didn't realise it the time and wouldn't have believed it.

When you turn older, certain things happen which you think are insigificant which you realise actually were and it really helped me out.

Highlighted
Aspiring Pro

The BBC is putting tens of millions of pounds towards chasing pensioners for their license fee payments as the corporation has said it plans to ‘enforce the law’.

And bailiffs could even be sent into the homes to seize and sell their possessions if ministers decide to support replacing the criminal sanction for licence-fee evasion with a civil penalty.

Thought you needed a court order before bailiffs can do anything.... 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8598327/BBC-threatens-pensioners-bailiffs-dont-pay-licence-...

A comment :

The BBC have the nerve to email me a demand to give them my personal details, address, dob, mobile number, with the threat that I must do this and confirm whether I do, or do not, require a tv license. Who the heck do they think they are? I don't watch live TV or even BBC iPlayer.

They do not have any legal right to demand my personal details

Highlighted
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 159

I like the idea of this gum up the works campaign. Hopefully it will cost at least £150 in labour to extract my licence fee.  https://silvervoices.co.uk/campaigns/

Highlighted
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 5

Fascinating site, I might join the 'campaign against the excessive costs of funerals' before it's too late....

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

Yep I know about courts (though not through choice).

You have to answer the following questions:

Then you swear an oath. Depends on how rellgions you are or an athiest, I am not very religious but I know what I decided.

Them: "Can you confirm your full name and address?"

You: (your say your full name and address).

Them: "Can you turn to page x of the bundle".

You: "Yes fine". (thinking: well I have to, I can't really tell you to [-Censored-] off).

Them: "Can you confirm this is your statement to the court?"

You: "Yes".

Them: "Can you confirm that is your signature?".

You: "Yes".

Then the fun and games continue.