cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV entertainment??

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

TV entertainment??

I admit to not being able to stand preening, self-possessed, egotistical Dale Winton at any price, he's done some rubbish shows in the past, but what on earth possessed him to get involved with "Hole in the wall" ?Huh
Having said that, missus Petlew has been chuckling away to my right, but she's much easier to please than I am!!
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
17 REPLIES
Fixes: 47

Re: TV entertainment??

Looks like you're not the only one with that opinion Peter.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
jmd
Grafter

I think "Hole in the Wall" is a really stupid programme and cannot understand why any "celebrities" would want to appear on it!
Community Veteran

Can't comment on the programme as I've not seen it but can't stand Dale Winton at any cost - come to think of it, that's why I've possibly never seen the programme Wink Wink
Community Veteran

The costumes can be sexy on the right contestant.
Community Veteran

Quote from: samuria
costumes can be sexy on the right contestant.

Uhmm! maybe, now what was that TV sci-fi series where silver cat-suits were worn, but had purple hair instead of crash-helmets. Must be where they got their inspiration from.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran

I quite liked the comment in Strats link about Winton looking 10 years younger than he did 10 years ago.
But, we'd better be careful what we say, he's so self-possessed and narcissistic that he probably googles himself three times a day, just to see if there's anything new said about him

johpal
Grafter

@ Petlew:
now what was that TV sci-fi series where silver cat-suits were worn, but had purple hair instead of crash-helmets.

Space 1999?
Community Veteran

@ johpal, so it was, ta!

Fixes: 47

*Peter takes a break from the forum to scan YouTube
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
pierre_pierre
Grafter

not a google in sight but look what I found for Petlew  - PDF format
Community Veteran

It was samuria, who said he thought the silver costumes could be sexy (on the right person) not me. I can think of better uses for aluminium foil, like wrapping a turkey...definition of a turkey: TV programme called "hole in the wall"

198kHz
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

There's a cartoonist's viewpoint here  Grin
Not young enough to know everything
Community Veteran

They're funny - thanks 4Candles.
Community Veteran

I'm a Private Eye subscriber, and saw those, they have brilliant topical cartoons in it.