Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV ads

Community Veteran
Fixes: 62

Re: TV ads

are we actually talking about this
If we are I have to wonder what Lynx 2012 has in it as it seems to attract pairs of lesbians  :crazy:
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

Yes, thats the one.. notice at the end the emphasis on "The Final eidtion".
Why are they making a point of saying that in that way?
Oh and FYI I assumed they were all sisters judging by the way the pairs all had similar hair styles..
EDIT:
I just found this on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=HLqZqNNOKTo
Why do so many people think underground bunkers are the way forward? - What happens in an earthquake? - If its anything like the film 2012 I'd rather be in a plane at 40,000ft
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Fixes: 347

They're having a name change?

Customer and Forum Moderator. Windows 10 Firefox 70.0.1 (64-bit)

Life is tough enough without adding Linux into the mix.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

BBC radio 4 ...Material World.... on iPlayer (play it again):- 16:30 Thursday 5th Jan
Quentin Cooper talks to researchers behind all that's new and news across ... and asks if the world will end in 2012 and why people make apocalyptic predictions.

Amusing Roll_eyes Roll_eyes Jocelyn Bell Burnell British astrophysicist was very informative
Steve
Seasoned Pro

@Sprite, Its a year-long £5.6 million marketing campaign, Nothing more and nothing less.
The advert sees a young male building a wooden boat in preparation for the end of the world, but it is a crowd of beautiful women who join him aboard, not two of every animal. It was created by Ponce Buenos Aires and adapted for Europe by BBH. PR for the campaign will be handled by Mischief.

Kieran Danaher, Lynx brand manager at Unilever UK, said: “Following the phenomenal success of Lynx Excite this year, we believe that Lynx 2012 – The Final Edition can really take things to the next level.
“As a brand we continually strive to innovate and push boundaries with creative marketing campaigns, and the launch of Lynx 2012 – The Final Edition is set to do just that and more. We’ve got some very exciting activity lined up for this project, so watch this space.”
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Just seen (rather than news coverage) the Vinnie Jones heart CPR ad. Whilst its not a product as such I think its just the kind of "ad" that will produce results.
Well done whoever thought it up.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
JamesM
Grafter

I don't! Everytime I see something referring to the 2012 event based on the film I can't help but wonder if there is actually something going to happen that they're dropping hints about because all the governments are doing the sneaky and keeping quiet just like in the film.

Nibiru is coming  
http://paranormal.about.com/od/zsitchinniburu/a/Is-Nibiru-Approaching.htm
http://www.maya12-21-2012.com/myth-of-nibiru.html
Check out the Mayan calendar in the top left on the second link. Well at least we will still manage to get the olympics in.  Wink
Steve
Seasoned Pro

The crunch Is that the Mayan calendar does not end on 21/12/2012 Grin
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
Community Veteran

The Mayan 13th Baktun ends on 21/12/2012. The Mayan calender is in 20 Baktun cycles
More likely
JamesM
Grafter

and then it starts all over again.
Community Veteran

At least the Mayan calendar starts at a specific astronomical point in time:
see http://davidatriedes.org/presentation1.html as a simple explanation.
Unlike the Hijri, Hebrew, Julian or Gregorian calendar that seem to start at some vague point in time, (like the estimation of the birth year of Jesus Christ.
If I had a choice I'd prefer to adopt the Igbo calendar with it's 4 day week (2 days of which are the weekend).
If the population "split shift" the weekends, everybody would have a job and work 2 days out of 4.
Roll_eyes Roll_eyes