cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV ads

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

TV ads

TV ads get a fair amount of stick in chat chat from time to time, but are there any that you do like?
In Petlew towers the TV mute button get a fair amount of exercise during ad breaks. But though there's one at the moment that is banned from  getting the mute treatment: the "girl on a platform being serenaded by a ukulele playing young man"....SWMBO thinks its very romantic Sad 
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
25 REPLIES
Steve
Pro

Re: TV ads

I like the Lynx final edition 2012 one
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

9 times out of 10 I don't see any ads with Pry Recording the program with my SKY+ Box, I just skip them.  Wink  Smiley
Heloman
Grafter

The one that always makes me laugh is the Aldi tea advert:
http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2011-12-29/the-best-tv-adverts-of-2011
Smiley
Fixes: 121

I think my favourite from last year was this Muller ad

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Fixes: 47

.....and the making of it
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
railman
Dabbler

Banned by TV but brilliant, like many VW ads: 
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Quote from: Steve
I like the Lynx final edition 2012 one

I don't! Everytime I see something referring to the 2012 event based on the film I can't help but wonder if there is actually something going to happen that they're dropping hints about because all the governments are doing the sneaky and keeping quiet just like in the film.
If you think I'm bad, I've even seen people write to 'Dear Deidre' in the sun about it. It's also the only film I've ever seen thats made me feel physically sick and disorientated. My colleague brought it in to watch on the night shift one night and said it made him feel queezy too.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Steve
Pro

@Sprite, Sorry mate you have lost me?
Community Veteran

2012.. The lynx ad is in relation to the film also called 2012 - about the end of the world.
Have you seen it? - It goes into great detail about how the governments of the world plan to keep it covered up whilst secretly protecting themselves and the rich whilst everyone else can die miserably. Here is the trailer:

If you haven't seen it then don't watch it if you're of a nervous disposition - I'm very serious when I say that. I felt sick (both times) my colleage wasn't happy and my OH had to close their eyes quite a few times. Very good graphics etc but it really did make me feel sick to the pit of my stomach and I've never experienced that with any film.
Thats why I said I don't like the lynx ad. It clearly says "The final edition" and after having seen the film, seeing comments like that on TV makes you have funny feelings about it all.
We also had a thread about it here: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,80895.0.html
Steve
Pro

@Sprite, No never heard of It till now, When's It released? 21/12.12? Cheesy
Edit ah I see It's already out.
Community Veteran

2012 was release in 2009!, I actually thought amusing, the graphics could have been better, the role played by John Cusack has some very funny throw-away lines, the 'plot line', could have been more realistic if they'd used say Schumann resonances instead of mutated neutrinos.
There are some classic goofs in the film, at one point it mentioned Albert Einstein supported the 1958 "Earth Crust Displacement" theory.........but Einstein died in 1955.
The film was commented on / discussed on chit-chat
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star

Quote from: Sprite
2012.. The lynx ad is in relation to the film also called 2012 - about the end of the world.

The Film 2012 is excellent.
Fixes: 47

Agreed. Amazing special effects.
I particularly liked the character Yuri Karpov played by Zlatko Buric.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran

Quote from: Midnight
Quote from: Sprite

The Film 2012 is excellent.

No way, I've seen it twice and both times it made me feel really sick to the pit of my stomach. The graphics and stuff were very good I thought but the whole idea just really churned me up. Seeing adverts from Lynx really can have a startling effect when they're playing on it so early in the year. Considering lynx usually bring out a new ad every month or two I couldn't help but wonder if there really is something in this myan calender business that they know about and are dropping hints. I think we all know that no government on the planet would actually tell its people to prepare for it..