cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV ads women again

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

TV ads women again

It seems to me that leaving aside cosmetic, wash and hair product ads that are usually fronted by professional and often well-known and professionally made-up faces, there are a number of quietly attractive women gracing TV ads these days; I number the Maltesers (straw sucking) ad, the singing Victoria Plumb bathroom ad, the Secret Escapes ad and most of the women in the JD Williams jiving (slow) in a cafe ads among them.
No doubt all professional models and actresses, but make a pleasent change from Cheryl Cole
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
5 REPLIES
Fixes: 125

Re: TV ads women again

Anyone makes a change from Cheryl Cole.
I must admit that I do find the lady in the Secret Escapes ad particularly gorgeous Smiley

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Fixes: 47

As if I needed an excuse to watch TV adverts Roll eyes
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Infinity
Pro

One PVR has an programmable skip forwards function.
I find a 3 minute skip forwards omits most advert breaks.
On other PVRs, using fast forward, I find I can guess, from experience,  when the ad break is about to finish quite accurately, and rarely overshoot.

One tip, just before an ad break finishes, the transmitting channel invariably has an promo for another of its' programmes.
Infinity
Pro

I do like the Maltesers ad though !!
I will watch that if it is at the beginning, or end of an Ad Break.
Community Veteran

The information is useful no doubt PlusComUK.
But diametrically opposed to the point of the topic.
To save any confusion this post referred to the previous un-edited post when I first saw it, which was similar in content to post#4 before being completely altered.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.