cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV ads again

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

TV ads again

A thread on this subject comes up in chit chat from time to time.
A few days ago I saw (part way through) what I think was an ad for a VW Polo or one in the VW range. It was showing a conversation with a slightly dim purchaser of a parachute and being a offered and taking a suspect second hand chute. The comparison being made for second best instead of quality (I suppose!!)
But, I haven't seen it again since, just the kind of thing that would upset the powers that be I would think.
I thought what I saw of it was quite amusing.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
4 REPLIES
Fixes: 125

Re: TV ads again

You mean this one?
I thought it was quite good.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Yes, that's the one Mav thank you. Haven't seen the shark cage one though.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran

I always say "Buy cheap, buy twice!", but it wouldn't apply to the parachutist! Cheesy
Geoff,
York.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

I agree, Ned..... I bought my Skoda cheap, and I`ll certainly be in the market for another one..... !  Smiley