cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Sender

Community Veteran

TV Sender

Does anyone use a TV sender to send signals from their main TV to other TVs in the house?  I was wondering how well they work.
3 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Re: TV Sender

Probably not quite what you're looking for, but we send our Sky signal by cable to the bedroom from living room (comes with its own sensor and remote, works with Sky+ as well) Anything you can do on the main set-top-box can be done on the extension TV including two channel recording and playback. Have facility for a third (or fourth actually) output from the dish that could be fed to the bedroom TV for independent Sky there, so could potentially record 4 different channels at the same time, would need another STB and subscription of course!! but have never felt the need.
All works very well. However finding the extension TV on/off on the Sky STB can be tricky as its not on the main services menu, or in the manual, its "off" by default, which can leave you scratching your head wondering what's wrong when Sky doesn't work initally in the bedroom.
But I guess you were asking about wireless systems; in the absence of any replies here, there are dozens available at Amazon, and hundreds of customer reviews to plough through.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran

Thanks Petlew.  Yes it was a wireless system I was interested in.  I will have a look on Amazon later.
hadden
Grafter

I used to have a set years ago, so the technology may have moved on a bit.
The sender did it's job and wirelessly sent pictures and sound to the receiver in the room above the room with the sender.
However, recall the images were slightly degraded and could sometimes have a slight herringbone pattern on them.
As regards the usage, there was the slight inconvenience of either taking the downstairs remote control upstairs or having a second remote upstairs to control the downstairs unit. In this case the sender was connected to a freeview recorder.
After I stopped using the sender for its original purpose, it had a second life. The freeview recorder would only react to the remote control in theh same room, when held directly in front. So, I used the sender and receiver beside each other as I found that the remote pickup on the sender unit had a wider range and could react to the remote control signals across the whole room. I continued with that arrangement until last year.