Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

THE UK EU Elections 2019

idonno
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 6

THE UK EU Elections 2019

Roll up folks but don't get too excited, Please.

Order, Order Knuppel Results here

Me? I'm going to bed. Goodnight.

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
54 REPLIES 54
Marksfish
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: THE UK EU Elections 2019

Found it quite exciting, never normally watch this stuff. A higher than normal 38% turn out nationwide and statistics interpretation. BBC participants appear to be biased, but I have read a lo about that recently.

Remember, if you didn't vote, you don't have an opinion!!

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 47

And.... of course... if you haven`t got an opinnion... no need to vote !!  .. Cheesy

gleneagles
Community Veteran
Fixes: 16

@idonno wrote:

Roll up folks but don't get too excited, Please.

Order, Order Knuppel Results here

Me? I'm going to bed. Goodnight.

Trust you had a good nights sleep, like me !

You have missed nothing as the results and analysis from so called experts expressing different opinions will be going on for days or more likely weeks.

Wink

We are born into history and history is born into us.
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 47

Well, I am no expert.... have not been following this debacle... but from my personal analysis of the figures showing the percentage of vote(s)  it appears that 52.9 % are of the opinion that Labour & Conservative MEP`s are useless at their job over there, in Brussels, or wherever they hold their junkets. 

strange, how we are supposed to be leaving the European Union, yet we still present Members for the European Parliament ...

jab1
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 73

Sadly, @shutter , we are still there until we leave, so we have a right to have elected members in that cicus. When we leave, said Members will be out of a job.

John
DaveyH
Champion
Fixes: 12

@gleneagles wrote:

You have missed nothing as the results and analysis from so called experts expressing different opinions will be going on for days or more likely weeks.

Wink

That coming from a regular contributor to political threads....

Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

Just to cool some down, those results give the Brexit party a 32% over representation; Lib Dem 14%, whilst Greens are under represented by 22% and Tories by 33% on seats actually allocated. UKIP on strict proportionality should have 2 seats.

I know the it's likely to be soon of no matter, but as we had a national referendum, should not also the allocation of EU seats have been decided on a whole nation basis, and not regionally too?

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
gleneagles
Community Veteran

@Luzern 

But where are you going with that point ? On that basis what would the results of a General Election be based on those results if we used a PR system ?

Smiley

gleneagles
Community Veteran

@DaveyH wrote:

@gleneagles wrote:

Wink

That coming from a regular contributor to political threads....

Just as well you are a regular contributor to such threads otherwise I would have little to say as I would just be preaching to the converted.

Wink

Luzern
Hero

@gleneagles 

@gleneagles wrote:

@Luzern 

But where are you going with that point ? On that basis what would the results of a General Election be based on those results if we used a PR system ?

Smiley

I certainly was not endeavoring to make any connection with a national election under FPTP. I was trying to show that the allocation would likely be more proportional to votes cast, were the regional aspect removed. The D'Hondt system, I believe has some bias in it. 

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Jonpe
Hero

@Luzern wrote:

@gleneagles 

The D'Hondt system, I believe has some bias in it. 

I refer the honourable gentleman to the answer I gave here .

Luzern
Hero

@Jonpe I should have gone to Specsearchers!;), but our system must distort matters even more.

OT @RobC  seem to be missing the last few days. Holiday, I hope. 

Jonpe
Hero

@Luzern No, I posted several hours after you, but didn't realise there were two similar threads or I would probably have posted here.

I've just alerted @RobC in the B-word thread to a Dispatches programme about chlorinated chicken, maybe that will see his return to the forum.

idonno
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 6

@gleneagles wrote:Trust you had a good nights sleep, like me ! You have missed nothing as the results and analysis from so called experts expressing different opinions will be going on for days or more likely weeks.

Why thank you. I had an excellent nights kip. The results were exactly as predicted. I think you are probably right. Just more of the same same arguments for months to come

@Luzern wrote: OT @RobC  seem to be missing the last few days. Holiday, I hope. 

Never, he's just exhausted from running around, canvassing on the doorsteps. Roll_eyes Or maybe the performance of the Change UK party was just too much for him to take in Wink I have no doubt normal service will soon be resumed..........Funny

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?