Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 11

TALK TALK oooooops

looks like they got top again  Wink
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-19728143
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
11 REPLIES
Fixes: 125

Re: TALK TALK oooooops

I'm not surprised. They seem to get up to all sorts of tricks to try to wrangle more money out of their 'subjects'.
I always check my bills and settings on their portal at least every two days to avoid nasty surprises. Good job I did as they changed my billing to paper which, if I hadn't cuaght it in time, would have cost me extra. When I complained the attitude seemed along the lines of 'whatever happened, it was most likely my fault'.
Thank goodness BT with be installing ADSL2+ in my exchange soon which means when my contract with TT is up I will be able to return to the fold and still save some money as I won't have to pay the extra 8 squid for the faster uploads. Roll on Feb 2013!

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

Oddly enough I know quite a few people on TalkTalk and they are quite happy although one of them did complain about emails bouncing. A couple of quick questions and yes it was to the NHS.
So having a reasonable memory I told him it was Trend Micro again. TalkTalk confirmed to him that most of their email servers got black listed and they still hadn't managed to get two of them off the list
Community Veteran

Don't you hate it when you open your door and there's someone saying "We're just checking to see if you got the news that your exchange has been updated".
No they're not they're trying to sign you up to talk talk. For apparently £12 a month all in. That's the new price I was told.
Why don't they just say are you interested in signing up for talk talk instead of all the preamble lying.
Then I could just say no thank you it's dearer that what I currently pay goodbye.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Don't you hate it when you open your door and there's someone saying "We're just checking to see if you got the news that your exchange has been updated".
No they're not they're trying to sign you up to talk talk.

Nope... What I hate is,................. being ignored by TT... no-one comes knocking on my door, and you lot are annoying me, something chronic, bragging about all the visitors you get.....  Cheesy
Community Veteran

Quote from: shutter
no-one comes knocking on my door  Cheesy

I'd be happy to pass my regular Jehovah Witnesses to you, or the Taekwondo recruiter. Grin
randpwar
Grafter

Quote from: billnotben

Try one of these, it works
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

No they don't!!
I have one very like it on my front door, that is regularly ignored by religious groups, door to door sales people, alleged charity collections and very annoyingly just lately a moron of a Bettawear salesman.
All claim "Oh not to have seen" the notice when pointed out to them, most then head straight into their patter.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Infinity
Pro
Fixes: 2

Just answer the door naked, they'll soon go away..... perhaps
I keep thinking.. one day ... I will do this !
I have answered the door with a kitchen meat cleaver in my hand, accidentally, they didn't hang around.
I do have CCTV that shows outside the front door, so I see them coming.
Fixes: 125

Quote from: PlusComUK
I do have CCTV that shows outside the front door, so I see them coming.

I like that as, usually, it's the other way round Roll eyes

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran

Quote from: PlusComUK
meat cleaver in my hand

Complete with a heavily blood stained stripey apron and muttering about pie making?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

The Mormons frequently turn up in smart dark blue suits. My mother-in-law would dip her hands in flour and go to the door saying she was in the middle of baking. When she started waving her hands about in a theatrical manner with the flour starting to fly they'd beat a hasty retreat!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)