cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T*lk T*lk

Fixes: 124

T*lk T*lk

Had my first brush with TT yesterday and not very pleasant it was.
My neighbours internet had been down since the weekend and I just happened to pop foir a chat. Unfortunately my neighbours are not internet savvy and were getting nowhere with CS.
I said I would have a look and immediately found that the login and password details were missing from the router - why that hadn't been pickup before I don't know. Then all the wireless settings were messed up and set about sorting that out.
Having got the wireless sorted but still connected directly they were syncing (around 2500) but were not actually connecting. Then they'd loose sync (S/N of 6 and Alt changing between syncs from 46 to 4Cool. All connections looked good and was assured they were new filters. My neighbours had already spent a couple of hours on the phone getting nowhere so I suggested they ring again then pass the phone to me.
I explained to TT CS I had checked everything (talk about patronising) and asked them to check the line which they did and they agreed the loss of sync. I then explained that they were connected to an upstairs extension and wondered why they had not be asked to connect to the master socket.
Got the router plugged into the master socket where it synced but it was like browsing through treacle. The CS agent then said he made a change to the profile but would not say what which improved browsing. The S/N was still 6 and att 48 but the sync had dropped to around 1200. My neighbours were happy to accept this if it remained stable. I suggested there is a problem with the extension and to keep the router connected to the master but that is not really an option in their situation due to the placement of the socket. They tried annother extension in another bedroom and it seems OK.
I have also suggested that they consider PN when their current contract ends early next year.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

7 REPLIES
scootie
Grafter

Re: T*lk T*lk

i had simlar exprince with o2 when my sister was with them in manchester, i use to get called by my sister to ring o2 up to get things sorted for her.
on other isps i allways hear customers banging on about level 2 cs this that the other and i can confirm no matter what level you get through to in my exprince there as much use as a chocolate teapot, and when you punch them in the face with some broadband tech knowledge that on PN is normal banter there cs agents come back with aload of nonsense trying to look good but just makes them look more stupid.

Agreed
One thing they also said was that it is in their T&Cs that the router *must* be plugged into the master socket.
Never heard that before!

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

mentalist3d
Grafter

I'm having bother with Talk Talk myself but through Tiscali which Talk Talk have purchased. I'm constantly getting an error 721 connection on my mothers Internet, followed all their guides, and still the same connection error, e-mailed support, telling them what I have done to resolve the issues, and since I've tried everything on their help pages, what else can I do to resolve the issue?  And surprise, surprise, they are just Copy and Pasting the answers from their help pages, all of which I have tried. Now I am a cycle with them, ie, Have you tried solution 1, yes, have you tried solution 2, yes, have you tried solution 3, yes, have you tried solution 1 again, yes, and on and on.
So now I am looking at the contract terms for canceling, my mother has went 2 weeks without Internet and CS are no closer to providing a solution Sad
nadger
Rising Star

Nearly reported you to moderator for using the T*****i word in a polite forum  Roll eyes
mentalist3d
Grafter

lol much apologies, no offence meant Wink

Something that was really evident from my conversation with TT is that as long as you get some sort of speed at the master socket then that's OK. Absolutely no help whatsoever in trying to connect to an extension.
At least here we have a wealth of info and support even directly from the PN team Smiley

Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Quote from: nadger
Nearly reported you to moderator for using the T*****i word in a polite forum  Roll eyes

About time that was added to the swear filter, isn't it Wink