cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T-Mobile Credit Limit

Fixes: 47

T-Mobile Credit Limit

My daughter has recently received a shock in the form of a £240 bill for her mobile phone which includes over £200 of call charges outside her 900 free minutes.
I know it's very unusual for a young woman to make so many calls but this is her first overrun.
I found this..
We set a credit limit on all accounts as a safety net to ensure you can use your mobile without running up a big bill that you're not expecting. If you've received a text message from us letting you know that you've exceeded your credit limit or that your account is approaching its credit limit, the best thing to do is make a payment online in My T-Mobile as it will register instantly on your account. To help improve your credit limit, pay your bill on time each month. The easiest way to do this is to set up Direct Debit .

Well she always pays her bill on time and has evidently 'improved her credit limit' but for who's benefit I might ask?
Looking on T-Mobile's site it appears from other people's examples that her credit limit could be something like £500 Shocked
I've no idea what my 'credit limit' is but rarely use a third of my free minutes.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
9 REPLIES
Fixes: 125

Re: T-Mobile Credit Limit

How does one find out about the credit limit?
There seems to be no indication on their website.
I have 600 free minutes and have used around 8 mins for each of the last few months.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Snap!!
When my phone was upgraded recently, my provider tried to get me onto a more expensive tariff with a greater "free minutes" limit.
We ended up with me taking a cheaper tariff by reducing my "free minutes" and other "features" the sales person was not happy.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.

Quote from: Mav
How does one find out about the credit limit?

From what I read the only ways seem to be either phoning support on 150 (Philippines?) and asking the question or contacting the Twitter team on http://twitter.com/TMobileUKhelp Undecided

Twittered T-Mobile and finally got a response.
Your current credit limit is: £550.
 Shocked
Now if I hit my limit that's what I would call
Quote from: Strat
a big bill that you're not expecting.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

It takes me ages to reach my credit limit, and I only put £10 on it ...... usually lasts me for about 3 or 4 months..... Cheesy

providing the missus doesn`t use my phone  Roll eyes
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

Extravagant so and so - my £10 lasts over a year  Grin
nadger
Rising Star

I'm purely on payg ( Virgin) so credit limits don't apply.
On spare phone I had a £5 sim card 6 years ago and still have £2.70 left  Smiley
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Quote from: nadger
I'm purely on payg so credit limits don't apply.
I had a £5 sim card 6 years ago and still have £2.70 left  Smiley

Erm...... Contradiction in terms here !!!    Roll eyes
You get "credit" when you put money on the PAYG....... and then when you have used up that amount..... you have reached your "credit limit".....
and you have stated  that your 6 yr old card still has "£2.70 CREDIT left  ! ! !
Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Grin
randpwar
Grafter

Have other mobile phone companies adopted the same policy of allowing a ‘credit limit’ to be established where payment is made regularly (if I’m reading this thread correctly)?
We’ve fairly recently set our lad up with a Tesco phone account (think they use the O2 network) whereby he gets 250 minutes, 5000 texts and 500mb per month (for £7.50 pm I went on to the same deal!). We were able to set his account up so that if he reaches these limits (obviously more likely on the minutes and data) then he has to wait for his next monthly allowance and couldn’t continue to use minutes or data; therefore no credit. As it happens he uses less than me and nowhere near the capped limit but I’m just a bit worried that this ‘up to the limit only’ bit could be breached by them allowing a credit limit