18 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Re: Syria.... and so it begins

Oh joy....... Crazy2

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Unfortunately the use of chemical weapons cannot go unpunished. Syria has no need to deploy such evil weapons to achieve it's military objectives given the strong Russian and Iranian backing for its suppression of the civil rebellion. Had there been no response it would have encouraged the hawks in Syria to extend their usage.

Putin must be frustrated when  people in his sphere of influence use these chemical weapons, it certainly shows a weakness in the control he exerts. 

Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Minivanman
Seasoned Hero

For Syria read Serbia, for this has all the makings of taking us into a war in which millions of lives might be lost for no more than in retrospect a 'he-said-she-said' battle of words.

We must stop this poxy proxy war now, stop the hypocrisy over chemical weapons, and stop constructing an excuse as we did with Iraq and WMD.

We are being coerced by an administration of hawks led by a man is a silly wig. Crikey, as if a silly Charlie Chaplin moustache was not enough.

I know where I am, I've been lost here before.
Community Veteran

As I'd read this just before going to bed this morning, I ended up dreaming that Russia had taken over the UK after going to war with us, and I didn't seem to care, I had the attitude of "I don't care who runs the country, just let me live a peaceful life", very weird...

Steve
Seasoned Pro

They didn't even wait OPCW inspectors to gather evidence that chemical weapons were in fact used. Another case of ' highly likely '

Oh and welcome back @Infinity them KitKats didn't last long Grin

If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 9

Wrong target, they should have taken Assad out, surely he would have had a say in which weapons were used ?

Of course he could be replaced but they would then know they might be the next target.

Minivanman
Seasoned Hero

Great stuff guys, we (the RAF) are reported to have fired off eight Storm Shadow cruise missiles with a unit cost according to Wiki a cool  £790,000 each. Add to that the cost of buying and keeping those Typhoons flying........ Crazy2

ffox
Rising Star

The cost is not as bad as it appears.  Missiles time expire - they have a shelf life.  Those carried on aircraft but not used have an even shorter life because the electronics have been powered up.

So if a missile is getting towards its sell-by date it's economical to fire it at something. Tongue

Minivanman
Seasoned Hero

If an item cost x amount, how is that negated once it becomes 'second hand'?

As for firing it at something, I can think of a far better target - if only for that comb-over.

Steve
Seasoned Pro

The President of America, Theresa May and Emmanuel Macron are making matters worse, a whole lot worse. How long until we see more civilians killed on our streets because of ' acts of war ' from the so called ' leaders ' of the free world?

If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
Community Veteran

I give it a couple of weeks...

Minivanman
Seasoned Hero

A sort of 'all over by Christmas'?

Just all bluster and bombs from a safe distance at the moment, let's hope it does not turn into something a lot more serious. And Blimey, it comes to something when even the Germans don't want to join in!

Community Veteran

@Minivanman wrote:

If it is, I'll start eating at McDonalds again... Funny

After all, remember Afghanistan & Iraq? They kind of dragged on for what was meant to be a "quickie"... Funny

Jonpe
Champion
Fixes: 7

@Minivanman wrote:

And Blimey, it comes to something when even the Germans don't want to join in!

The Germans (and the Japanese) are banned from having much of a military force since they've proved they can't be trusted with guns and such.  It does wonders for their economy, not having to police the world.

Yes, the Iraq invasion, we were promised, would take three months and cost £3bn.