Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sydney Seige

Infinity
Pro
Fixes: 2

Sydney Seige

All over SKY News, and BBC News Channels  Live ....
Terror in Sydney as gunman takes at least 13 hostages at Lindt cafe, forces crying women to hold black Islamic flag against the window and 'demands to speak to Tony Abbott'
The street, in a business area of the city, is swarmed with police and live television footage showed cafe customers holding a black flag against the window
Witnesses described how a man wearing a headband covered in Arabic walked into the Lindt cafe in Martin Place and produced a shotgun from a blue bag at around 9.45am.
Shortly afterwards hostages were seen with their hands pressed against the windows holding up the Shahada flag belonging to the extremist group Jabhat al-Nusra, which is fighting the Assad government in Syria.

Also covered by many Newspapers.
30 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Re: Sydney Seige

Just been watching on BBC news channel....................welcome back PluscomUK missed your informative posts
Community Veteran

Hope my cousin is ok - he lives there now Sad
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

According to the bbc 8 a.m. news..... they are holding up the wrong flag !.... and the hostage taker has asked to be sent the right one !...
also the number has been increased to about 40... but still unsure...
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 11

Coming to a town near you SOON !
it wont be long before we let them in the UK to do the same
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
nanotm
Pro

what do you mean wont be long before we let them in ?

we already have thousands of them here and thus far only a handful of them have been scooped up for prosecution .....
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Fixes: 47

Australia's Channel 7 have a bird's eye view as it's just across the road from them.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

It's sad that they think it's a smart move to do such cowardly acts, I don't know the numbers of these "individuals", but, the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, these few cowards are outnumbered, they'll have to destroy the world itself before we the many will succumb to their crazed beliefs... Roll eyes
It's no wonder there's a heightened sense of xenophobia when it comes to the way people look or behave, with things like this happening it makes us look at people and wonder "are you one of them?", which is not the way we should be thinking or acting, and then when something does happen, innocent people are hurt or killed all because of some psycho with a heavily edited book originally written by some loon a couple of millennia ago and altered to suit a modern-day loon who wants to take over the world...
But in this particular situation, all they need is a sniper rifle to eliminate the git... Roll eyes
nanotm
Pro

if they do that he becomes a martyr to his cause, much better to take him alive as a coward, if the police shoot him the investigation will drag on for years and keep the monstrous idiocy of terrorism as headline news inspiring others to the same end, but an arrest and quick trial will subdue like minded idiots and kill off any potential repeat incidents
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Community Veteran

Okay, get the sniper to shoot him in the leg then and that way he can be sent to prison... Grin
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Agree with nanotm....... however...
Scenario......
Terrorist thinking......... I think I`ll get a gun and hold 40 people hostage in a caff.... plenty of food and drink, so I won`t go hungry during the siege.... keep hostages in view, so they can`t get a bead on me,   they will soon cave in, and give me my demands... won`t they?  

12 hours later.... damn.... wish I hadn`t drunk so much coffee....  Huh
18 hours later..... I`m tired... wish they`d hurry up and give in to my demands....
24 hours later.... crikey me.... I`m still alive, but, oh boy,.... do I want to go to the loo....   and some of them hostages already have.... yuk  Shocked
Thinks.... perhaps this wasn`t a good idea after all   Embarrassed    ..... perhaps I better ..... give myself up... or ... go out in a blaze of glory for the cause.....
decisions .... decisions....   Undecided
Community Veteran

hehe, I bet the guy didn't think about that, lots of police working on a shift basis outside, and just the one of him inside who has to fall asleep at somepoint..... Grin
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

some detail about the terrorist http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sheikh_Haron
Community Veteran

Reading through that makes him appear even more of a cowardly individual... Roll eyes