cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swiftcover - one to avoid?

Fixes: 125

Swiftcover - one to avoid?

Time to wade through various quotes again as my car insurance is due at the end of March. Current insurer's renewal is way to high but I am expecting a call back next week to negotiate.
Meanwhile I got an online quote direct from Swiftcover's site for just over £250 a couple of days ago. I retrieved the quote to check a couple of things and saw that it had gone up by more than £20 in less than 2 days although their email states:
To guarantee this price you'll need to buy your insurance on the same day as getting your quote or within 30 days (or before the cover start date if that's sooner). You won't want to miss out!

A call to them went nowhere as they insisted the price could not have changed even though I had an email confirming it has! I did select that I have a specific dashcam which would give a 12.5% discount (not bought yet but will be buying before cover starts) but the difference in quotes is more than 12.5%. Even then the fella I spoke to couldn't find any details about this discount on their system - for anyone.
Oh, well - back searching Wink

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

9 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Re: Swiftcover - one to avoid?

I heard on the radio that Swiftcover is just a front for one of the large insurers, cannot recollect which one.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.

AXA.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Kremmen
Rising Star

A lot of companies on comparison sites restrict the cover to be able to appear in the top 5 on searches with reduced prices = carefully read the small print about what exactly is covered.
Let's be careful out there !
Community Veteran

My renewal came back at £240 this year, fully comp with a modification declared on the car.
A quick blast on the comparison sites got it down to £140 through a relatively unknown insurer and an increased voluntary bonus. A quick call to my current insurers saw them drop to £175 all in with an enhanced level of cover anyway.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

similar to DomS...
LV quote was higher than last year.. but have a newer car... so I put in my "same details" as before for cover required... and the "new" online "quote" was considerably cheaper.. so I phoned them up... and go it at the lower price... ( after giving the guy on the other end... a right earful about being a regular reliable customer for years, so why are they ripping me off on "auto renewal"... )
Did the same last year... and the year before... ! ! ! ... ( the power of the internet )....
Community Veteran

Mav, Have a look at the companies on TopCashBack. You recommended them to me and I got very good deals on car and also home and contents both from ageas and got £207 discount from TopCashBack. Smiley Smiley

Just been looking at the cashback sites. LV have got a competitive quote on GoCompare and QuidCo has a £25 cashback offer.
With my current insurer I used the cashback link within TopCashBack but what I can't see is how to get the cashback offer having used GoCompare Undecided

Kremmen
Rising Star

I'm going to get stung when mine is up in April. I've been doing the online rounds and it looks like even my current insurer is going to want another £100 which is silly.
My 'change' is that I'm now retired and probably doing 2k or 3k a year max compared to being an office worker doing 11k a year. I haven't told them yet so it will be interesting to see what their auto quote comes in at before I phone them.
Exactly the same here with the year on year call to tell them their renewal quote is obscene compared to previous years and their online service.
Let's be careful out there !

I settled for a policy with LV which, after taking into account the £25 Quido cashback and the cashback offered using my Mastercard, worked out at just under £219. This incudes SWMBO as a named driver who had a fault accident last year so I think that's a pretty good deal.
Also, once the fee had been taken there was an option to cancel auto-renewal which I thought was a nice touch.