cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swift Action Gets Results.

Community Veteran

Swift Action Gets Results.

This man deserves a medal.  He wasn't going to be messed about and sorted things out for himself.
Good Result
21 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Swift Action Gets Results.

Must have come as a big shock to the "travellers" not getting their own way.
The law is long overdue for updating so the police can immediately move on trespassers on land and in houses. And charge them for any damage.
At the moment the police are protecting the wrong side.
chuckster
Grafter

The Police are stuck between a rock and a hard place.  You can blame whoever you want for the current situation.. Europe (Human Rights Act), liberals advocating the Travellers right to pitch wherever they want... 
Fixes: 47

I like this bit
The police told me that once they are on the land they have rights.

Not in my book they don't.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran

If you read the article it is great, they cut a fence and put on thier own locks ... uh, so they forced entry and then they 'get rights'. This situation is all so wrong in many ways.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
Fixes: 47

I find the so called squatter's rights (if they are still enforceable) quite ridiculous.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
David_W
Rising Star

I thought squatters rights only came into effect if you didn't force entry, as in climbing through an already broken window, or unlocked door (of uninhabited premises).  Damaging property to gain entry gains you the right to remain silent, so shouldn't the travellers have been arrested for criminal damage?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

They usually send someone ahead to break any lock then find it broken when they arive.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
community
Grafter

Quote from: chuckster
The Police are stuck between a rock and a hard place.  You can blame whoever you want for the current situation.. Europe (Human Rights Act), liberals advocating the Travellers right to pitch wherever they want... 

"liberals advocating the Travellers right to pitch wherever they want" ?........you DO mean  'people of liberal morality' and not the Liberal Political Party which needs to be made clear.
chuckster
Grafter

Yes community.. that's exactly what I meant.  Apologies for my poor wording.
randpwar
Grafter

Quote from: community
Quote from: chuckster

"liberals advocating the Travellers right to pitch wherever they want" ?........you DO mean  'people of liberal morality' and not the Liberal Political Party which needs to be made clear.

Have to say this made me giggle; did you really believe that many people when reading the phrase ‘….liberals advocating….’ Would think that the Liberal Political Party had anything to do with it?….or anything else for that matter given how utterly irrelevant they have become…..and will be even more so after the next election. Vote Liberal get Cameron….not a mistake I’d make twice
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Well done that man and finally the police do something about it despite initially trying to protect the guilty..
What annoys me is the police always protecting those who have done wrong. I'm sick of it. If the land had no gate / lock then I'd possibly be defending the travellers saying that they have to go somewhere etc but this time no, they were wrong and have done nothing for their cause except to damage their reputation further.
Well done to the bloke for clearing them out in record time. Dale farm cost £18million?  Roll eyes
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Fixes: 125

Quote from: Sprite
If the land had no gate / lock then I'd possibly be defending the travellers saying that they have to go somewhere etc ...

Why? If it's not their land, they know it's not their land so what right(s) do they have to trespass? If you left your front or back door open does that mean you are giving others rights to enter your property and live there?

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran

Have to agree with you there Mav. If you are careless enough to leave your property unsecured it does not give anyone the right to enter it.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Morally no it doesn't but legally it does. There has to be a barrier of some form or a sign to make it clear that no access is permitted - hence the farmer having a locked gate in this case. If there is nothing to prevent you 'straying' onto someones land its actually legal weirdly. I'm not saying it's right I'm just saying thats how the law usually sees it - similar to squatters who get in through an open window.
In this case the farmer has done us all proud. It's about time this country stopped being a push over.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!