Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swearing

Highlighted
Seasoned Champion

Re: Swearing

@gleneagles wrote:

There was a time when some men who used such language did so only in thhe presence of other men and were careful not to use it in the presence of women.

Clearly that no longer applies and sadly some women now use such language.

My wife has commented that some of the things written or drawn on the walls in some ladies toilets is just crude and leaves nothing to the imignation.

We are truly on a downward path.

Don't be fooled by women they can ( and always have been ) be far cruder and mouthy than any bloke given the chance.  When I was an apprentice many years ago our company had a department ( electronics ) staffed mainly by women - now whether it was us apprentices or maintenance people non of us blokes would go there on our own for fear of being grabbed.  I complained to my wife about blokes not washing their hands after using toilets,  she said 'i bet more blokes than women wash their hands' - which shocked me a bit,  and she also commented on the things women scrawl on toilet walls that you don't see in mens toilets.  I am afraid that anyone who thinks women are cleaner, less aggressive and swear less than blokes are living in cloud cuckoo land -  much of womens 'aggression' is of the very nasty psychological variety, where bloke tend to have a fight and then are best mates, women carry grudges for ever after,  my wife admits that when she was at school she preferred the company of boys, simply because they were not 'catty' like women and their general behaviour was much better.

Highlighted
Pro
Fixes: 2

@gleneagles wrote:

There was a time when some men who used such language did so only in thhe presence of other men and were careful not to use it in the presence of women.

Clearly that no longer applies and sadly some women now use such language.

My wife has commented that some of the things written or drawn on the walls in some ladies toilets is just crude and leaves nothing to the imignation.

We are truly on a downward path.

so your complaining that folks are more honest in front of each other now? 

its like complaining that the divorce rate has increased but the number of mistresses has declined.... its really just that there are more honest people around now who are less afraid of being looked down upon by others

as a youngster my parents used fake swear words (becasue thats how they grew up) me I never did, but then I did have some church hellion running around whacking me with a ruler to make me all day either... there are many things that were better but just as many that were bad, as society evolves that ratio doesnt change much its just that more of the underbelly is exposed, just look at all the knowledge of kiddy fiddlers....

just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Highlighted
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

@Luzern wrote:

How's this for an amusing means of swear word avoidance?

Nigel Farage has totally self-partnered himself

Funny 

I always think of 'go forth and multiply'.

Works for me, as does the use of that single four letter word in place of verbosity... aka, verbal diarrhoea.