Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suspect I'm about to be scammed - how do I prevent it

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 41

Re: Suspect I'm about to be scammed - how do I prevent it

@chenks76  I think you can "explain" away your bad feedback on your feedback listings...

I have seen many such "answers" on users feedback... I always try to check out the bad feedback  if the score is less than 100%...

If you scroll down your feedback listing... at the bottom you should see  "Reply to feeback received"...

a feedback link.png

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

limited to 80 characters in repsonse though.
makes explaining tricky!
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

@chenks76 - You could always add a link to an external web site to give a full explanation, if it was a bit of a saga.

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

that's the thing. it wasn't a saga.
he paid, i checked the order details for the address.
it was a foreign name (not the name of the buyer) with an address in a shopping centre (no mention of doddle in it).

i emailed to say the address supplied was not one i could send the item to, and requested their home address to ship to.
they replied back saying it was a Doddle location and that was the only address they would allow delivery to.
I then said i wouldn't send to that address and then gave a refund straight away.
2 weeks later they eventually acknowledge the refund in ebay and leave negative feedback.

to honest i couldn't give a monkeys about the negetive feedback as it simply takes me down from 223 to 222.
no big deal.

of course, ebay don't let the seller give any feedback other than positive.