cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surveys...

Fixes: 125

Surveys...

Nearly every online purchase these days seems to end up with an email for a survey to be completed. Frequently I complete these but I'm beginning to get fed up with them now. The latest, just today from ASDA, seemed to take too long to complete and I certainly didn't like getting a message that I had to fill in a box for a comment where I felt I had no comment to make. In the end I just typed N/A.
I was hoping at the end there would be another box where I could enter my comment about there being too many questions - no such luck Cheesy
Do you complete all these surveys, ignore them or pick and choose?

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

11 REPLIES
jab1
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 5

Re: Surveys...

I usually ignore them, unless I feel I have anything of real value to say. TBH, most of 'em are of little value anyway.
John
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Is this a survey?
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 3

i ignore them , if i have something i feel i need to say to the company ( great service or bad service) , i will give them a ring or drop them an email.
Regards
Mike
Mike
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Ignore them, what benefit are they to you ?
Having said that I often give feedback for items purchased from e-bay or Amazon although I accept they are a survey in the true sense.
TORPC
Grafter

Admittedly we haven't shopped online at Asda for a while as, we have made in-store purchases instead & still got this

15 minutes to complete a survey (seems wrong to me) what do you think ?Huh
What do you think the odds would be to win the £250 ?Huh
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

The above example message just shows how little ASDA, and their like,  know about customer relations and marketing....a point that comes to mind is....

We noticed you haven`t shopped with us for a while

so why haven`t they contacted you before ?  sheer laziness? or just bad computer programming?  If a customer has been shopping with them for some time, and then stops.... there should have been something in their system to alert ( send an anonymous message ) the marketing department...
Please complete the survey, which should not take more than 15 minutes..... erm.... you really think I want to spend that much time telling you how to run your business?

alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

@TORPC I got one of those ASDA surveys as well. I don't think it took me 15mins but it was quite lengthy. I didn't bother submitting personal  details to enter the prize draw.
I have no problems with rare surveys from services providers that I frequently use provided that they do not ask questions about my lifestyle / income that seem to be aimed at selling unrelated products rather than better providing the existing services. The ASDA survey asked broad age group, gender and whether there were children in the house. Otherwise the questions were aimed at finding out  why my shopping behaviour had changed. Had they failed me in some way, what alternatives I was using and what would bring me back. In my case I had no complaints about the service it was simply that Tesco delivers a minimum order of £25 for £30 pa midweek whereas ASDA has a minimum order of £40 and charges £18 for 3 months (currently on offer 4 months). I still buy about half my groceries in store at ASDA.
@shutter
That wasn't the first contact from ASDA since I stopped shopping there online about 3 months ago. They still send regular details of offers, have sent me an email noticing that they have missed me and have on at least one occasion sent me a free delivery voucher to encourage me back (it required too big a spend to interest me-and the expiry date in the email did not tally with that on the website that it linked to. I sent a curt message to customer services telling them what I thought of their kind offer.).  This was however the first time,to the best of my recollection, that they had asked me why I had changed my behaviour.
Fixes: 125

I wasn't offered the opportunity to enter the draw Sad
As for personal details such as sex, age, ethnicity, etc., I selected the 'Don't want to say' option. Can't see what any of that has to do with my feedback!

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

I've done Tesco surveys and found that they do actually read them.  During one I mentioned the lack of quality and flavour from there own brand cheeses, about 3 weeks later I had a email and £10 voucher from the area buyer thanking me for letting them know as they had changed suppliers about the time I mentioned when it changed for the worse.
If they don't know they can't fix it, I guess most assume someone else will complain on their behalf and don't bother them selves, so actually how many of us really do complain/inform them via surveys/complaints.
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Yay..... I never bother with them survey things... got too much of MY life to get on with...!..... If I have a complaint, then I write to the manager..... If I don`t get a "suitable response"... then I escalate it to the CEO... usually gets them running !...
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

I'm not sure i can be bothered to answer this... lol
Seriously i used to do the odd one or two but i stopped bothering ages ago. The last one i was tempted by was on the itv website - it was supposed to be a question about the new morning programme Daybreak that replaced GMTV but by the second to last page it had asked me nothing about what i thought about it, only questions about me (age, employment all the usual sorts). It asked nothing about my thoughts of the programme whatsoever and i suddenly realised that wasn't important to itv - they were going to twist the results to show it was 'popular' amongst a certain group instead. So i quit the survey before i finished it - haha!
Now i don't fill in any of them. Not one. As soon as i get a survey request i click no to it. These people are getting paid for their time gathering this intelligence yet they expect me to give my time for free? No thanks!
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!